Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/kooks-headers-looking-for-an-11-12-hemi-wk2-58574.html)

Scottina06 04-17-2013 12:20 PM

Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Any hemi owners willing to lend your 5.7hemi to Kooks Headers? They are located in Statesville, NC! Please give a call to Chris Clark at 704-768-2263

sly1types 04-17-2013 10:18 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Im not close, but I would love some headers!

Scottina06 04-17-2013 10:31 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
they will fab up the headers, connecting pipes and exhaust and youll get the complete setup for free! Give Chris a call to set it up!

AlexTheSquid 04-17-2013 10:33 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Now... if they're looking for a 2013 I'd have my fiancee drop mine off tomorrow! But I am assuming they want 11-12 for a specific reason.

Scottina06 04-17-2013 10:36 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
11-13's! BUT....theres no tuning for you as of now right? You may get a check engine until tuning can turn off the light. Talk to Chris.....tuning may not be required?

Robert Palmer 04-17-2013 10:45 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Headers lean out the A/F ratio at partial throttle and richer at WOT, so you need a tune.

AlexTheSquid 04-17-2013 11:09 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Well that explains it all - not to mention I am overseas right now so I'm not around to do anything else to the Jeep.

Hopefully once I'm back I can see a tuning option available so I can finally enjoy my Jeep the way I intended to.

Scottina06 04-17-2013 11:28 PM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 806269)
Headers lean out the A/F ratio at partial throttle and richer at WOT, so you need a tune.

all the new Kooks headers are "green" according to Chris and use Green connecting pipes. I know of one 12" SRT running ARH headers with no tune. But yes...generally they do require a tune and I would be 100% sure with Chris before installing on a non-tuned Jeep.

etennyson 04-18-2013 07:02 AM

Damn I'd be all over this if they were close to Houston!!!!

Robert Palmer 04-18-2013 07:29 AM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 806290)
all the new Kooks headers are "green" according to Chris and use Green connecting pipes. I know of one 12" SRT running ARH headers with no tune. But yes...generally they do require a tune and I would be 100% sure with Chris before installing on a non-tuned Jeep.

Their cats are green. So they are 49 state legal.

But yeah tuning is needed for the headers.

TitanFlyer 04-18-2013 08:02 AM

Re: Kooks Headers looking for an 11-12 Hemi WK2!
 
When he is looking for a 14 to build headers for, let me know. I am in charlotte and would be more than willing to lend him mine and I will get a tune that works as well...

If I was to replace the exhaust in the next while, is there anything to think about with the thought of putting headers on at a later date? I suppose Kook could build a nice exhast too but I didn't see any for Jeeps.

Scottina06 04-18-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 806409)
When he is looking for a 14 to build headers for, let me know. I am in charlotte and would be more than willing to lend him mine and I will get a tune that works as well...

If I was to replace the exhaust in the next while, is there anything to think about with the thought of putting headers on at a later date? I suppose Kook could build a nice exhast too but I didn't see any for Jeeps.

These headers....connecting pipes and exhaust will fit the 14'. But as said above there is no tuning for 14s yet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community