Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

New wk1 owner

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Strongjeff 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello i just turned 16 and i got a 2007 wk with the 4.7. I have a couple of questions for you guys. 1. What exhaust do you prefer the magnaflow cat back or the gibson. I know that both are good quality but sound wise. I heard that the magnaflow has some drown and the gibson has none. 2. Is a cai really worth it i have read some post on some people loving it and some saying the lost torque. 3. question is the superchips worth it. 4. Lift either with the mopar 4.5 inch lift or lower with srt 8 blistens and eibach springs. What i have consider is superchips, magnaflow, and the fastman tb. Please i could really use your input thank you. note i will be doing all installs my self

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I have a slight drone with my magnaflow, but it doesn't kill me. It was 80$ and I sectioned it in place of the oem muffler. Sounds good at WOT.

I'm unsure if mopar still makes the 4in lift for the WK, but I know that superlift makes a great kit. Cutting and welding is required. 285-305 series tire. over 2grand just in parts for this lift.

RC makes a BB kit that is probably your best bet for a little boost. With wheel spacers you can easily fit a 265 under there. The lift is 149.99 i believe

If your going to play around with your engine I reccomend a afe cai and a fastman tb and a tune. I have a hypertech installed with the 93 tune and it made a nice change. www.airram.com has some internals you can swap around. Plus some updated hight flow intakes you can install. Right now I'm looking at one for myself.

Good luck and welcome to jeep!

#6 ·
Hello i just turned 16 and i got a 2007 wk with the 4.7. I have a couple of questions for you guys. 1. What exhaust do you prefer the magnaflow cat back or the gibson. I know that both are good quality but sound wise. I heard that the magnaflow has some drown and the gibson has none. 2. Is a cai really worth it i have read some post on some people loving it and some saying the lost torque. 3. question is the superchips worth it. 4. Lift either with the mopar 4.5 inch lift or lower with srt 8 blistens and eibach springs. What i have consider is superchips, magnaflow, and the fastman tb. Please i could really use your input thank you. note i will be doing all installs my self
dynomax, you get the borla sound without the price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.