Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels/Tires/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/)
-   -   Big Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/big-brakes-58612.html)

99Wjlimited4.7 04-17-2013 09:21 PM

Big Brakes

Yea I know most people say why bother but I like the idea of bigger brakes, specially when you can steal them from another veihcal. Makes them less expensive. So anyway I've seen this terra flex kit for the JK and the general consensus seems to be they are 09 Ram 1500 brakes with the rotors having added holes for a 5x5 pattern, unfortunately I don't have funds to buy ram parts to atempt this myself and terra flex has not responded to multiple emails I've sent. So I was wondering if anyone else had any knowledge on this for future reference or to give anyone more ideas on big brake kits.... Thanks

Sjf7351 02-07-2014 04:48 PM

Re: Big Brakes

Bringing back an old post, I got a '04 Overland with '13 20" Overland wheels on. They make the brakes look mighty small. Has anybody done this conversion?

cheapjeep 02-13-2014 12:57 AM

The only big brake kit I've seen for a WJ so far is sold by Stillen for a whopping $3,500 :lol:. That Terraflex JK kit even if you could adapt it isn't gonna gain you much because your already running a twin piston caliper on your WJ. I agree WJ brakes suck and somebody could make a fortune if they came out with a reasonably priced 4 or 6 piston kit. I'd be the first in line.

TJXJWJ 02-13-2014 03:34 PM

It's friggin ridiculous isn't it? I hate the tiny little brakes on our Jeeps. Look at any BMW. The cars weigh half as much and have twice the brakes ours have. I'd pay a few more bucks for decent OE brakes.

Pugheaven 03-12-2014 08:05 AM

Yeah... same here, you wanna see mine on 22's... look like bottle tops. Was searching myself and no where has big kits... looks like Brembo used to... but don't supply it anymore. :mad:

Pugheaven 07-07-2014 05:51 PM

Did anyone... find something decent with a bigger brake/rotor/caliper conversion...???? I'm depserate, these 22's make the brakes look appalling

Strongjeff 07-07-2014 06:19 PM

You guy's could try to convert the srt brakes over. You deff would need custom brackets but any machine shop worth there salt can do up brackets for cheap. Can get the rotors from r1. That leaves the expensive part, the calipers.

TJXJWJ 07-07-2014 06:19 PM

No...nothing that looks legit at least. I haven't really dug too deep though because I figure if it was possible, someone would be selling a kit. It's not like our Jeeps aren't known for brake issues. Our axles are pretty common though....so you'd think there'd be a way.

Strongjeff 07-07-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 1047877)
No...nothing that looks legit at least. I haven't really dug too deep though because I figure if it was possible, someone would be selling a kit. It's not like our Jeeps aren't known for brake issues. Our axles are pretty common though....so you'd think there'd be a way.

I think it may have been done before. Like i was saying, the brakets really would be the only real custom part. Even the bolt patterns the same. But yeah, i really do think theres a way and its in brackets