Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-quadra-lift-easy-entry-option-not-appearing-on-uconnect-menu-58617.html)

overlands 04-17-2013 10:53 PM

2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Hi, all. I searched and couldn't find anything on this ... so here we go:

Just took delivery a couple weeks ago of my wife's latest black Overland V8 4x4. (We've also owned 2004 and 2008 Overland models -- same configuration). Love it so far, and haven't experienced any real problems to speak of.

HOWEVER, one little possible issue I've noticed is that the "Auto Entry/Exit Suspension" item which is supposed to appear under the "suspension" menu on Uconnect is absolutely nowhere to be found on our vehicle. I wanted to set the quadra-lift so it would lower all the way into park mode automatically for my wife (which, according to the manual anyway, should be possible), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make that option appear on our suspension menu.

Any thoughts/experiences re this issue? (Again, p. 329 of the manual clearly indicates this should be an available option on our suspension menu -- so I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. Maybe I need a Uconnect update?)

Incidentally, the suspension does enter the parking + easy entry/exit mode manually without any problem.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

mfa81 04-17-2013 11:27 PM

Re: 2014 Quadra-lift: "easy entry" option not appearing on UConnect menu?

Yep, this is a known issue, it's been discussed here

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/probl...ect-57691.html

Right now the only known way to make it happen it to hit the button manually, best bet is that there is a problem with uconnect and it needs update, but this is just a guess. hopefully it will show up on a future update, because it's a PITA to remember to put the car on easy entry/exit before actually parking the car!

overlands 04-18-2013 12:12 AM

Got it; thanks for the reply.

Sorry -- like I said, I searched ... but apparently not thoroughly (or effectively) enough!

Anyhow, based on what everyone's saying, my money is on it just being a software update -- and hopefully one they can implement sooner than later!

Cheers,
Kevin

jeepster23 04-18-2013 12:09 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath on the update coming out anytime soon. Going by Jeeps past history when it comes to updates I would say that 6months to a year is probably a safe bet.

ONU1974 04-20-2013 04:12 PM

If you exit the car in Park mode..am I to assume it stays in Park mode when you re-enter automatically?

jacko15 04-20-2013 04:31 PM

It does for me.

johhn14 04-21-2013 09:05 AM

I think it is more likel the manual be updated to remove it than the software be updated to enable it.

BobsWK2 04-21-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhn14 (Post 808478)
I think it is more likel the manual be updated to remove it than the software be updated to enable it.

I bet that's what will happen. Then they can brag about a new feature for the 2015 models. Along with the fully active cruise control (w/Stop & Go) which was supposed to make it to the 2014's.

TM95120 07-17-2013 09:14 AM

I just became a member after purchasing a 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 last weekend. I have had similar problems regarding finding settings in the Uconnect menus for the Quadra-lift easy entry/exit options and the easy entry/exit options for the driver's memory seat.
Kevin's email says "Again, p. 329 of the manual clearly indicates this should be an available option on our suspension menu". I downloaded the manual over the weekend (2014-Grand_Cherokee-OM-3rd_R2.pdf) and there is no mention of easy entry in the Air Suspension section on p329 - the only options are Suspension Display Messages, Tire Jack Mode, Transport Mode and Wheel Alignment mode (which is what I see on my display). Has anyone seen the easy entry option for the Quadra-lift suspension in the Uconnect settings?

Willx 07-17-2013 09:25 AM

Welcome to JeepGarage !!

The SER auto entry exit mode will be a late production offering (as of time of this post). There has been varied information as to when it will be available and if the current units can be upgraded or not.

overlands 07-17-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TM95120 (Post 859807)
I just became a member after purchasing a 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 last weekend. I have had similar problems regarding finding settings in the Uconnect menus for the Quadra-lift easy entry/exit options and the easy entry/exit options for the driver's memory seat.
Kevin's email says "Again, p. 329 of the manual clearly indicates this should be an available option on our suspension menu". I downloaded the manual over the weekend (2014-Grand_Cherokee-OM-3rd_R2.pdf) and there is no mention of easy entry in the Air Suspension section on p329 - the only options are Suspension Display Messages, Tire Jack Mode, Transport Mode and Wheel Alignment mode (which is what I see on my display). Has anyone seen the easy entry option for the Quadra-lift suspension in the Uconnect settings?

Ha! Looks like they pulled a fast one, and removed any reference to it in the latest revision to the PDF manual. (The version I was looking at back in April was "2014-Grand_Cherokee-OM-3rd" ... not the "R2" -- which presumably is the second revision of the 3rd edition?)

Interesting to hear that it may now be considered a late production offering. I guess we'll hold our breath. :)

mceb 07-18-2013 06:06 AM

Interesting didn't know all this I just assumed it was all manual and agree its a PIA to remember to push button. You can push button when you are getting close to destination and still moving but having an option to do automatically would be sweet.