Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Oil Change Due? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/oil-change-due-58654.html)

Demigod 04-18-2013 02:16 PM

Oil Change Due?

I searched the forum for an answer on this but only found older posts that didn't help much.... I have an "oil change due" warning - I'll take it in for an oil change next week but in the mean time how do I get rid of that silly warning?

SnoFire 04-18-2013 02:20 PM

Turn it on to ACC and then pump the gas pedal 3 times fast. The light should blink and the go off.

2012 Summit 04-18-2013 02:45 PM

Re: Oil Change Due?

Vehicles Equipped With Keyless Enter-N-Go
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE
START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/
RUN position (Do not start the engine.)
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE
START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the
OFF/LOCK position.

Vehicles Not Equipped With Keyless Enter-N-Go
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position (Do
not start the engine.)
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you
start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not
reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

bill_de 04-18-2013 02:59 PM

Summit,

Did you find that by searching the forum or reading the owners manual? :)

---

2012 Summit 04-18-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 806699)
Summit,

Did you find that by searching the forum or reading the owners manual? :)

---

Come on, Bill. You know I read it in the owners manual because that's what I do. Of course, a search would have worked too. :)

jacko15 04-18-2013 04:06 PM

The owners manual is our friend.

SnoFire 04-18-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 806756)
The owners manual is our friend.

But the users manual doesn't give us feedback like the forums, smarta$$ :) lol

jacko15 04-18-2013 04:10 PM

I definitely agree, but sometimes that feedback can be a steaming pile!! :D

bill_de 04-18-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012 Summit (Post 806703)
Come on, Bill. You know I read it in the owners manual because that's what I do. Of course, a search would have worked too. :)

The OP said he did search. That was my point, it would be easier to look in the manual than search. Especially when in the end you ask someone else to look it up for you. ;)

I got a little Kindle Paper White and loaded the three latest manuals on it. As new updates come out I'll have them ... in the console. For $119 I think it's a cheap accessory. Plus, I loaded the book I'm reading onto it. So tomorrow while I'm waiting for the fish to show up I'll have something to read. :)

2012 Summit 04-18-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 806766)
The OP said he did search. That was my point, it would be easier to look in the manual than search. Especially when in the end you ask someone else to look it up for you. ;)

I got a little Kindle Paper White and loaded the three latest manuals on it. As new updates come out I'll have them ... in the console. For $119 I think it's a cheap accessory. Plus, I loaded the book I'm reading onto it. So tomorrow while I'm waiting for the fish to show up I'll have something to read. :)

Well that was a good point indeed. Unfortunately, it went right over my head. :o

I've always kept my manuals on the laptop. Good idea loading them on the kindle.

Obsidian 05-24-2013 08:08 PM

Just a note for those of us who drive the oil burning (ie diesel) V6, the cycle the ignition to the 'on' position and depress the accellerator 3 times in 10 seconds does not work.

I tried this a number of times after being advised by the dealership in Townsville that this was the proceedure to remove the message. Finally I decided to do some internet research and found that for the export model, 3.0lt diesel, the proceedure is as follows:-
1. Cycle the ignition to On/Run (Push the start button twice without putting your foot on the brake. Do not start the engine.)
2. Hold the accelerator pedal down for 30 seconds. (Don't let it back up)
3. Pump the brake pedal six times whilst still holding the accelerator pedal down. (Dont be concerned that the brake pedal will load up and get harder to push, just make sure that you push is down firmly and dont give yourself a hernia trying to make it go to the floor.)
4. Release the accelerator pedal after the sixth depression of the brake pedal.
5. Push the 'Start/Stop' button once. (This will cycle the ignition of 'Off")
6. Start the engine to make sure the message has been turned off.

I only had to do this once and the message was turned off. Information was from Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Oil Change Indicator System If you visit this page it has the info for both the petrol and diesel versions of the JGC WK2's Just scroll the the very bottom of the page.

Cheers

Xjrguy 05-26-2013 02:57 PM

Up up down down left right left right B A Start.