Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Suspension Lift Kit - WK2 4x4 Quadra-lift (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/suspension-lift-kit-wk2-4x4-quadra-lift-58676.html)

drwilki2 04-18-2013 07:42 PM

Suspension Lift Kit - WK2 4x4 Quadra-lift

Can someone please build a lift kit for a WK2 4x4 Quadra-lift????

A simple 2" - 6" will do!!!

csurane24 04-18-2013 09:18 PM

Re: Suspension Lift Kit - WK2 4x4 Quadra-lift

2" of lift can be done simple with blocks onto the body. A 6" lift however will require a suspension lift. You may wanna ask for a 4"-6".

DurangoZJ 04-18-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csurane24 (Post 807000)
2" of lift can be done simple with blocks onto the body. A 6" lift however will require a suspension lift. You may wanna ask for a 4"-6".

The WK2 is a unibody. No body to put blocks under.

Suspension is the only way to go. If they're able to lift the LR3 I would imagine the WK2 quadra lift can be lifted too. With time and money...

JMessick82 02-09-2015 04:21 PM

Does anyone know if any companies are doing this yet?

dsears00 02-09-2015 07:54 PM

Llamas lift down under is finishing Dev on their QL lift. Same concept as for the LR Discovery.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

JMessick82 02-09-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsears00 (Post 1146836)
Llamas lift down under is finishing Dev on their QL lift. Same concept as for the LR Discovery.

Sweet, I will check it out then. Thanks for the info!

JoeD 02-09-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsears00 (Post 1146836)

Not what I would call a lift kit, they just fool the computer to raise the suspension. Your giving away all your down travel doing so, giving a bad ride and no flex.

BigCat 02-09-2015 08:36 PM

Llams kit isn't really a lift.

It allows the QL system to change or maintain ride heights independent of the current speed limits/requirements and it will allow for minimal increased or decreased adjustments to the set ride heights. It will let me stay in OR1 at speeds above 46mph and it would let those who desire it to stay in aero height at speeds below 60mph etc.

It will not "lift" the vehicle any higher than already allowed by the system other than in emergency situations.

Sent using JeepGarage

JMessick82 02-09-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 1146867)
Llams kit isn't really a lift.

It allows the QL system to change or maintain ride heights independent of the current speed limits/requirements and it will allow for minimal increased or decreased adjustments to the set ride heights. It will let me stay in OR1 at speeds above 46mph and it would let those who desire it to stay in aero height at speeds below 60mph etc.

It will not "lift" the vehicle any higher than already allowed by the system other than in emergency situations.

Sent using JeepGarage

Yeah, I saw that when I went to thier site and read about the system for the LR3 :-( Even that might be pretty cool though...just not what I was hoping for.

BigCat 07-21-2015 11:41 PM

Update! Just got an email from Graeme of Llams (kits@llams.com.au):

Hello Jon,

"The kits are finally available. The kit is compatible with all LHD and RHD GCs including 2015 models and also the Dodge Ram, noting that a different calibration switch setting is required for the Ram due to its lower OR2 height increase. The kit can subsequently be moved to any other GC or Ram. The US price is $350 including delivery with payment by paying a Paypal invoice."

"The LLAMS kit provides the ability to raise the vehicle by approximately 32mm/1.25 or 50mm/2 whilst at Normal Ride Height, therefore without speed limitations, to allow better ground and bump-stop clearance when traveling off-road on high crown gravel roads or other off-road conditions where extra clearance is desired. Note that vehicle handling may be altered when traveling at raised heights. LLAMS can also lower the vehicle which when used with Park mode can make entry and exit easier especially for mobility impaired people. The following are the approximate height changes at NRH for the various LLAMS switch settings. Changes at other height modes may be slightly different. Attempted use of LLAMS High with OR2 on a Jeep GC will eventually cause the suspension system to fault because the vehicle cannot be raised to that extent. Speed limitations of the various modes are unchanged, eg using LLAMS high with OR1 will add approximately 30mm to OR1 height until the suspension system lowers to NRH whereupon NRH will be 32mm higher than usual. The module can be recalibrated for the same or a different vehicle, including moving the kit between a Jeep GC and a Dodge Ram.
Approximate height changes:
Low: -22mm or -32mm for Jeep GC depending on vehicle setting at calibration,
-24mm for Dodge Ram Off : no change
Medium: +32mm High: +50mm
The system modifies the height sensor signals, offsetting each of the 4 values to cause the suspension module to believe that the vehicle is lower or higher than it really is and therefore adjusts the air volume in the air- springs until the modified sensor signals are as expected for the target height. The system does not communicate with nor modify the suspension module, thereby retaining unaltered all original plausibility and control checks."

My order is being placed tonight. I'll update once I get it and get it installed - it's plug and play 5-10 minutes install and totally reversible/removable prior to trips to dealership for routine or warranty servicing.

Sent using JeepGarage

Jim_in_PA 07-22-2015 08:21 AM

Please be sure you understand that as noted by the vendor, the upper limit doesn't change because of the physical end of the suspension travel. That may potentially affect your comfort and handling even when now raised fully by the QL control system.

BigCat 07-22-2015 08:38 AM

Suspension Lift Kit - WK2 4x4 Quadra-lift

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 1202677)
Please be sure you understand that as noted by the vendor, the upper limit doesn't change because of the physical end of the suspension travel. That may potentially affect your comfort and handling even when now raised fully by the QL control system.

Yes, that's a good point to clarify.

I intend to use the medium setting and with the extra 1.25" in addition to OR1 it should provide added lift before reaching the harsh bumpstop of current OR2. I shouldn't ever be using OR2 anymore myself.

Sent using JeepGarage