Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   And I apologized! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/and-i-apologized-58701.html)

AAAA 04-19-2013 12:25 PM

And I apologized!

One stop on errands run this morning was neighborhood hardware store to take advantage of 2 day sale on premium top soil. I went in and paid for 10 bags and they had young man meet me at the mountain of bags in the parking lot to load my car. Very nice gesture. I watched him in my rearview mirror and backup camera as he directed me backing into position. I turned off the car.

Then it started. He stared at me in mirror and I stared at him in the mirror for what was way too long. Then the following converstion was through the open pano roof-

Me: "It's not electric".
Him: nothing.
Me: "Grab the handle in the center near the bottom of the tailgate".
He opens it.
Him: "Nice truck".
Me: "Thanks. 32,000 miles. Next one will probably be electric gate. Sorry".
Him: "OK".

visitador 04-19-2013 12:32 PM

Re: And I apologized!

Hey! He thought your Jeep is a luxury car, like the Land Rovers.

AAAA 04-19-2013 12:36 PM

I didn't think I lived in an "upscale" neighborhood, but maybe I do based on what this kid is expecting to see.

Aiyer 04-19-2013 12:45 PM

Perhaps, he was waiting for you to come back there and open the door for him. :cool:

At least he called the Jeep a "truck" and not a "car". hehe :)

scooterha 04-19-2013 12:56 PM

Could have called it a Prius.... and did you help him load your dirt?

Suregrip391 04-19-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 807344)
Could have called it a Prius.... and did you help him load your dirt?

That's what I was thinking, polite to get out and help/talk to him instead of sitting there talking through the roof....lol

AbleRiot 04-19-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 807329)
...had young man meet me at the mountain of bags in the parking lot to load my car.

Or it's just part of this younger generation who expect everything done electronically for them and not have to move a finger...hence the power liftgate (this while I'm in my mid-30s mind you):slapfight:

BobsWK2 04-19-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visitador (Post 807331)
Hey! He thought your Jeep is a luxury car, like the Land Rovers.

The kid probably wouldn't like the 2 piece tailgate that the Land Rover has. Would have been more work pushing the bags over that awkward lower tailgate that those things have.

scooterha 04-20-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suregrip391 (Post 807576)
That's what I was thinking, polite to get out and help/talk to him instead of sitting there talking through the roof....lol

:thumbsup:

AAAA 04-20-2013 10:05 AM

I brought gloves as I actually expected to load it myself. I did chat with him before I got in the vehicle to move it into position. After all I did unload it myself!!

jeepinAl 04-20-2013 10:19 AM

And if I were lucky enough to load your Jeep I would have said, " nice tires too" ( from an earlier PM, thanks).

Sunroof open = nice day. Nice day = go outside to load cutomers cars/truck. Go outside = not stuck inside...this kid should have thanked you twice.:D

AAAA 04-20-2013 10:21 AM

Thanks jeepinAl. 300,000+ rep. points to you!