Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   best way to clean windows (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/best-way-to-clean-windows-5871.html)

2008hemi 01-24-2010 04:15 PM

best way to clean windows

was looking in the manual and read water and viniger works wonders it is streak free and will help keep smokers shade and other stuff off the windows ill will try it on my tint to make sure its tint safe let me know if u have a better way

Chaoul1 01-24-2010 04:17 PM

Re: best way to clean windows

Use Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner and use a Microfiber towel to wipe. So far it's been really good.

LTrainGC 01-24-2010 04:20 PM

Invisible Glass is awesome - but if you have really tough water spots or anything like that, water and vinegar and wipe it off with newspaper.

Escape 01-24-2010 04:27 PM

Water and vinegar and wipe it off with newspaper!

Best for non-film tinted windows, for film tinted I'd use a microfiber towel.

Scottina06 01-24-2010 05:02 PM

stoners invisible glass in the foaming container....BEST hands down

LTrainGC 01-24-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 137702)
stoners invisible glass in the foaming container....BEST hands down

That is what I use on the interior side of my windows and in normal circumstances on the exterior, but I've had some tough water spots that it didn't take care of and that is when I'll use the water and vinegar with the newspaper and that takes care of them!

I've only had to use the water and vinegar twice.

DetailedImage.com 01-24-2010 05:14 PM

Check out the glass section of our detailing guide. Using the proper technique is absolutely critical so please read that through. A quality glass product like the Stoner Invisible Glass is helpful as well. If you have really stubborn stains on the glass try theGlass Science Glass Scrub. It helps remove those stubborn water marks, sap, bug smear, etc. If you have any questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI

B.P.O.D 01-25-2010 02:19 PM

by far the best is invisible glass as everyone else has already stated. it is safe for tints as well:)

Martyp 01-25-2010 06:23 PM

Another vote for Invisible Glass, I liked the foaming tin version. It's more fun, I hate cleaning glass.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 01-25-2010 06:27 PM

x5752547 on the invisible something something

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-25-2010 10:19 PM

i use 3M window cleaner for tinted glass and a microfiber cloth on one of those arm things haha. it looks stupid but it works amazing for the windshield.

brent 01-26-2010 04:10 PM

I like the Sprayway stuff... no streaks and claims to be safe for tinted windows.