Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Heated Seat Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-heated-seat-question-58731.html)

camtah 04-20-2013 07:18 AM

2014 Heated Seat Question

Does the heated/cooled seats in the '14 JGC heat the back and bottom or just the bottom of the seat?

TitanFlyer 04-20-2013 07:31 AM

Re: 2014 Heated Seat Question

I haven't used mine as its past that time in NC, but I did wonder the same thing and meant to test it. Most vehicles its just the bottom. I am interested to hear the answer as well... or I could step into the garage and test it out.

scooterha 04-20-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 807812)
I haven't used mine as its past that time in NC, but I did wonder the same thing and meant to test it. Most vehicles its just the bottom. I am interested to hear the answer as well... or I could step into the garage and test it out.

LOL yea.... that could work hahaha

camtah 04-20-2013 08:00 AM

My Silverado is bottom/back and switchable. As posted elsewhere, they will smoke you out and it is great for the the sore back after softball. The SO really likes mine and there was no mention of this feature in the JGC

BobsWK2 04-20-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camtah (Post 807800)
Does the heated/cooled seats in the '14 JGC heat the back and bottom or just the bottom of the seat?

Mine does the back and bottom. Or at least it did the last time I tried it.

mfa81 04-20-2013 08:59 PM

it's both... I actually feel it more on the lower back, but it works on both back and bottom

celder3 04-20-2013 09:51 PM

It does both the bottom and the back, but it doesn't get nearly as hot as GM cars. My wife's Buick gets so hot you can only use it for a few minutes. I've found myself leaving the heated seats and steering wheel on for long periods of time without it getting too hot.

TitanFlyer 04-21-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celder3 (Post 808310)
It does both the bottom and the back, but it doesn't get nearly as hot as GM cars. My wife's Buick gets so hot you can only use it for a few minutes. I've found myself leaving the heated seats and steering wheel on for long periods of time without it getting too hot.

Isn't that better though.. not sure how good a feature is that only works for a few minutes and then is too uncomfortable and has to be turned off.

camtah 04-21-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 808444)
Isn't that better though.. not sure how good a feature is that only works for a few minutes and then is too uncomfortable and has to be turned off.

Forgive me, but I don't understand this logic. The heated seats in my Silverado are adjustable and quite warm compared to my wife's Lexus. Yet if it gets too warm, I turn it off and the seat stays warm (real leather?) for quite a while. If it cools off I hit the button again if need be (although I don't think I ever have in this case..) Besides having the elements off reduces the load on the electrical system vs having it on all the time because the comfort level can't be reached. I guess there 2 schools at thought in play here.

Compared to the Lexus, my seats heat faster and warmer. My uncles Buick is the same. I have no experience with the Jeep's seats which is why I ask the question in the OP

But in any case, thanks for the response...

TitanFlyer 04-21-2013 08:43 AM

No, I guess it was a little confusing.. what I meant was, to me a heated seat is something I can turn on and leave on and it keeps my seat warm. I don't see the point in a seat that you have to turn off so your butt doesn't start smoking... its the same reason we have automatic toasters...if you had to sit there and pop it manually when the toast was done so it didn't burn, it would be useless...