Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How Long The Wait (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-long-the-wait-58732.html)

BIGAL 04-20-2013 07:38 AM

How Long The Wait

Anyone else waiting over 90 days like I am? Ordered 2014 Summit 5.7 Cashmere Pearl on 1/19/2013 has been built and pending inspection since 3/20/2013 Chrysler has no answers! I find that hard to believe that there isn't a soul that knows anything about my vehicle. I have seen vehicles ordered and delivered within 40 days (summits ) and the longest has been 60 days, I'm a little concerned that mine must have a major problem leading me to rethink accepting it when it does show up. What do you think? :(:(:(:(:(

TitanFlyer 04-20-2013 07:44 AM

Re: How Long The Wait

I bet you could find your vehicle in a dealer inventory, so you could cancel your order and get your jeep now... at least that would be the question I would ask the dealership so they are somewhat motivated to find something out for you. This is purely based on guessing as I have never and will never "order" a vehicle in my lifetime. I get anxious waiting for my Keurig machine to make my coffee...

scooterha 04-20-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 807820)
I bet you could find your vehicle in a dealer inventory, so you could cancel your order and get your jeep now... at least that would be the question I would ask the dealership so they are somewhat motivated to find something out for you. This is purely based on guessing as I have never and will never "order" a vehicle in my lifetime. I get anxious waiting for my Keurig machine to make my coffee...

LOL That is like me when I got my 12' the dealer had a hard time finding what I wanted. he said I could order a 13' and could wait... I said I'll give you til Friday to find it if not I'll take the black one. Wednesday he called and he found my baby and that Friday evening I was driving her home :-)

Specx 04-20-2013 08:43 AM

That sucks and I understand your concern. It could be a simple thing they need to fix and they just haven't got to it yet or something major, but not knowing makes the situation worse. You can build your exact model and search the area on Jeep's website, but I know I didn't have any luck with any dealer near me having the exact same options. They always had the options and wrong interior color, missing features, or wrong exterior, never a 100% match.

BIGAL 04-20-2013 09:16 AM

the closest I found was a v-6 and 2 wheel drives not what I wanted the best match was a Cherry Red 36 miles away and I know the boss isn't going to want that color(lol) :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jakkall 04-20-2013 09:42 AM

I ordered my overland on 3/27 estimated delivery 4/29 :D
Almost here

kjf18 04-20-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakkall (Post 807900)
I ordered my overland on 3/27 estimated delivery 4/29 :D
Almost here

I ordered mine on 2/6 and have the same 4/29 estimated deliver date! It's now on a railcars sitting in a yard (as opposed to being parked In a yard). A colleague at work ordered the same day, and took delivery yesterday. Maybe someday I'll get mine.

KJF

torifile 04-20-2013 09:53 AM

Whiners. ;)

I've been waiting 4 months to even order mine.

AAAA 04-20-2013 10:12 AM

The delivery of mine was just the opposite. It arrived in 60 days (but I do not have QL). I went and looked at it at the dealership before it was prepped. (When you order it, your name is on the window sticker.) 2 days later my salesman was still telling me that it had not yet arrived!

DucTape 04-20-2013 10:47 AM

Ordered on 3/5, trapped at Inspection since 4/6... So sitting at about 6 weeks currently (and starting up get impatient).

I WANT MY NEW TOY ALREADY, DAMMIT! Ha.