Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/14-overland-order-trapped-in-inspection-for-two-weeks-58738.html)

DucTape 04-20-2013 10:39 AM

'14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
Hey all,

I know some others have had issues with their jeep orders getting 'stuck' at the Inspection phase, but mine's been there for two solid weeks at this point. I emailed my dealer today to see if they can move things along, but I'll put this out to the considerable combined wisdom of the board as well - WHAT GIVES?!?

First-world problems to be sure, but c'mon... I WANT MY SHINY NEW TOY ALREADY!!!

Marlon or Chevy, I dunno... Maybe you can give it a nudge? Ha...

BIGAL 04-20-2013 10:58 AM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
only 2 weeks !!! mine has been there for 1 month now and nobody knows nothing !!








2014 summit 5.7 Cashmere Pearl 4wd trapped in inspection since 3/20

DucTape 04-20-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGAL (Post 807955)
only 2 weeks !!! mine has been there for 1 month now and nobody knows nothing !!

Yeah, I saw your thread right after I posted this... Damn man, I sure hope I don't have another two weeks of inspection purgatory ahead of me!! Best of luck...

MLNR 04-20-2013 11:32 PM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
I was 10 or so days in inspection and another 10 days sitting in a rail yard waiting on a truck to the dealer. I feel for ya buddy, hang in there.

SnoFire 04-21-2013 03:08 AM

I've been stuck in Toledo Yard hell for 2 weeks now, does that count??? Haha

mreichmann 04-21-2013 09:20 AM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
I've been though this myself, and as best I can see the problem is caused by Jeep not practicing triage when a car goes into Inspection. It might be just a carpet misfit or as bad as a faulty transmission, but regardless they sit in limbo until it comes time for the repair team to get to it.

I may be wrong, but that certainly seems to be the issue.

Michael

kjf18 04-21-2013 10:02 AM

Mine sat for three weeks and then was in and out of repair in a day. Chevy says repair is backed up, and the vehicles sit until repair can get to them. He says generally repair takes them in order, but obviously there are exceptions. In any event, I feel your pain. Chrysler needs to focus on this issue.

KJF

Jeff_H2O 04-22-2013 03:55 PM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
Yeah I ordered my 14 Overland last week and they said the Jeep is ready to go and is just waiting to be picked up by the truck and delivered to the Dealer. That was on 04/15. I called the dealer today to see what the status was, he looked up the VIN and said that it is still in the lot waiting to be picked up.

GRRRR!!! What is taking so long? I'm too anxious :/

SnoFire 04-22-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 809319)
Yeah I ordered my 14 Overland last week and they said the Jeep is ready to go and is just waiting to be picked up by the truck and delivered to the Dealer. That was on 04/15. I called the dealer today to see what the status was, he looked up the VIN and said that it is still in the lot waiting to be picked up.

GRRRR!!! What is taking so long? I'm too anxious :/

Welcome to the club..mine did the same thing and now is "supposedly" on its way here..it will come

Jeff_H2O 04-22-2013 03:59 PM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 808409)
I've been stuck in Toledo Yard hell for 2 weeks now, does that count??? Haha

Hey SnoFire, where did you get your status on your sig that the Jeep was shipped out 04/22 (today)?

I live in Northern IL not far from WI. So maybe my Jeep is on their with yours.

Anyways, I hope your status is right, because I'd like to get it this week! :)

Lanrete 04-22-2013 04:13 PM

Re: '14 Overland order - trapped in Inspection for two weeks?!?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 809325)
Hey SnoFire, where did you get your status on your sig that the Jeep was shipped out 04/22 (today)?

I live in Northern IL not far from WI. So maybe my Jeep is on their with yours.

Anyways, I hope your status is right, because I'd like to get it this week! :)

He is a premium member, if you pay for membership level three or above, you support this forum and get access to updates that are more precise and detailed than VOTS.

SnoFire 04-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanrete (Post 809331)

He is a premium member, if you pay for membership level three or above, you support this forum and get access to updates that are more precise and detailed than VOTS.

That is correct. MOTS (Milous Online Tracking System) is updated many times a day and on the weekends. Site Supporters level 3 and higher have access to this tracking system along with the Build sheets for your vehicle. Mine finally shipped from one of the lots. Depending who you put your order in will really depend on when you can expect to get it. There are 2 other users near that are still sitting in the same lot I was and one of them had a delivery date of today as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community