Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   affiliate pricing questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/affiliate-pricing-questions-58748.html)

bertball50 04-20-2013 01:57 PM

affiliate pricing questions

i've joined access fund so now i can get affiliate pricing. i know that it is 1% below invoice plus a $75 fee, but i read somewhere awhile ago that the dealer actually got an additional 2% holdback, so the customer should be able to get 2% below invoice. does anybody know for sure how this works? dealers around here are pleading ignorance and i really didn't want to drive 6 hours for a group buy. thanks:confused:

Roki303 04-20-2013 02:40 PM

Re: affiliate pricing questions

For Affiliate pricing you get 1% under invoice which I think is pretty decent no haggle deal. That's what I did. Found a dealer that was trustworthy and even though I could maybe get 2% or more under invoice I decided for me it was not worth it. The whole thing was rather straightforward no issues and I was able to order exactly what I wanted from factory.

Bottom line is that if I you want more than 1% than you can but you better work on your negotiating skills. Some people were able to get as much as 7% under with affiliate rewards program.

Good luck!

ONU1974 04-20-2013 02:50 PM

I got the Affiliate price but thru Tread Lightly($100) but now my question is that the dealer is charging $250 for "fees" that I hear he is not supposed to? I called Affiliate program and they say wait til I get the Summit and pay, then send them the copy of PAID order sheet and they will look into?!?!

papote 04-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONU1974 (Post 808063)
I got the Affiliate price but thru Tread Lightly($100) but now my question is that the dealer is charging $250 for "fees" that I hear he is not supposed to? I called Affiliate program and they say wait til I get the Summit and pay, then send them the copy of PAID order sheet and they will look into?!?!

There should be no dealer fees regardless of how you got the affiliate pricing through. It is 1% below invoice as other have mentioned + TT&L + $75 dealer fee.

That should be it. However dealer does get an additional 2% for them. That was confirmed to me by a dealer.

SnoFire 04-20-2013 05:19 PM

It says nothing about dealer fees in affiliate. They can only charge $75 for doc fees. If dealer has other fees, they still can.

Roki303 04-20-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONU1974 (Post 808063)

Emailed probably a half a dozzen dealers. All of them where BSing me. Found one guy about 1.5 h away who was sincere and forthcoming with answers.

That being said if you smell something fishy go somewhere else. They are doing this for living and will find a way to screw you over. Plenty of people out there that will want your business.

papote 04-20-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 808147)
It says nothing about dealer fees in affiliate. They can only charge $75 for doc fees. If dealer has other fees, they still can.

I knew there was a $75 fee for something. Thanks for clearing that up for me.