Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Valet Parking??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/valet-parking-58763.html)

TitanFlyer 04-20-2013 07:35 PM

Valet Parking???

So I am a business traveller and at my airport I use the curbside valet. I am terrified of this new fob that doesn't need to be in the car for it to continue running. One of these mondays when I am in a hurry I can see myself running into the airport and forgetting the key is in my pocket.

Not much real reason to this post, but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone? Does the jeep keep running if you walk away with the key or does it shut down? I would be worried because they will have to get my car towed. I do wish there was an option to use a key to start it as well as the fob. That way I could use the key to start it on morning I am on my way to the airport and just walk away.

Lanrete 04-20-2013 08:46 PM

I always turn off the car and hand the valet the key, so I am safe when I finally get a keyless car. It's an OCD habit of mine to prevent locking keys in the car...

xJoshxx 04-20-2013 09:57 PM

Re: Valet Parking???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanrete (Post 808287)
I always turn off the car and hand the valet the key, so I am safe when I finally get a keyless car. It's an OCD habit of mine to prevent locking keys in the car...

Jeep Won't let you lock them inside.

on my 2011 i have to shut and lock the door nearly 5 times to get it lock with them inside.

bill_de 04-20-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 808317)

on my 2011 i have to shut and lock the door nearly 5 times to get it lock with them inside.

The problem wouldn't be locking the fob in the car, but getting on your flight with it still in your pocket.

---

xJoshxx 04-20-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 808325)
The problem wouldn't be locking the fob in the car, but getting on your flight with it still in your pocket.

---

It should Alert and beep that key has left the jeep on the dash :thumbsup:

jacko15 04-20-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 808331)
It should Alert and beep that key has left the jeep on the dash :thumbsup:

Found this out the hard way yesterday. Was on a little road trip with the wife and stopped at a gas station to use the facilities. Jumped out and ran in with the fob in my pocket, the Jeep running, and my wife in it. I got an ear full about the noisy chimes when I got back. :(

Llemaitr 04-21-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 808317)

Believe it or not jeep will let you lock them inside- I have done it twice but I can't tell you how it happened.

padgett 04-21-2013 07:11 PM

In Florida it is common to leave someone in the car with the a/c on. My problem is that it refuses to shut off if not quite in park.

SW03ES 04-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llemaitr (Post 808596)
Believe it or not jeep will let you lock them inside- I have done it twice but I can't tell you how it happened.

Yep, ours has no problem locking the keys inside. The Toyota/Lexus system by comparison absolutely will not.