Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Pics of the new front and rear bumper guards (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/pics-of-the-new-front-and-rear-bumper-guards-58780.html)

Chunderboy 04-21-2013 10:25 AM

Pics of the new front and rear bumper guards

4 Attachment(s)
So, a well spent Saturday yielded the application of my new black horse front and rear bumper guards on my Laredo. The rear was pretty simple, but I warn you, a hand socket wrench will not remove the factory bolts.. The front was more difficult and took approximately 2 hours or so. Even though it was a moderately difficult diy project, it helped me familiarize myself with the bottom of the rig and hey a feeling of accomplishment!

Here are some pics and if anyone needs a talk on on how to do it, please PM me.

Also, I found a sick deal on them for those of us that live in the NY area. I was able to get both (picking up of course) for $260. That is for the front and rear ones, so if anyone wants the info, let me know.

Let me know your thoughts

RageOfFury 04-21-2013 10:43 AM

Re: Pics of the new front and rear bumper guards

Nicely done!

Chunderboy 04-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 808536)
Nicely done!

Thanks bro:-) a few bloody knuckles, but worth the time

GCLimited 04-21-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 808526)

Let me know your thoughts

Well since you asked...;)

Sorry, but not a fan of push bars. In an accident they can cause even more damage. And for the off-roaders out there, they cut approach angles as well.

But as long as you know they're for show only, and you like the look, well more power to you.

:)

Chunderboy 04-21-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCLimited (Post 808609)
Well since you asked...;)

Sorry, but not a fan of push bars. In an accident they can cause even more da also,. And for the off-roaders out there, they cut approach angles as well.

But as long as you know they're for show only, and you like the look, well more power to you.

:)

Lol. I sure did. Since I live in the city, it's mainly to prevent the morons from smashing om the bumpers while trying to park. Also, a place to hang the hellas and for looks of course. Heaven forbid of an accident, I would be more concerned with the occupants than the rig.

dslide 04-21-2013 11:22 PM

I've heard the stories of people in NYC banging other cars when parking. Can't imagine the horror. Nice mod to protect your ride.

Chunderboy 04-22-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dslide (Post 808904)
I've heard the stories of people in NYC banging other cars when parking. Can't imagine the horror. Nice mod to protect your ride.

You have heard right. There are some real troglodyte's that have cars in this city. I just assume to air on the side of caution and throw some metal between me and them.