Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 jgc wont start after sitting all weekend (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-jgc-wont-start-after-sitting-all-weekend-58789.html)

nathanskal 04-21-2013 02:22 PM

I have a 2014 jgc overland v8. I drive my wife's car all weekend. I park my jeep on Friday night and Monday when I go to start it it won't start. I have to stand outside the truck and remote start it to get it started for the rest of the week it starts every time.

Anyone else having this trouble? Weird!?!?! This has happened two weekends in a row. I am anticipating tomorrow morning to see if I can make it happen three weeks in a row. Ironically I do take it to the car wash as my last act of duty on Friday night before I park it. Not sure if there is any correlation.

AbleRiot 04-21-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanskal (Post 808620)
I have a 2014 jgc overland v8. I drive my wife's car all weekend. I park my jeep on Friday night and Monday when I go to start it it won't start. I have to stand outside the truck and remote start it to get it started for the rest of the week it starts every time.

Anyone else having this trouble? Weird!?!?! This has happened two weekends in a row. I am anticipating tomorrow morning to see if I can make it happen three weeks in a row. Ironically I do take it to the car wash as my last act of duty on Friday night before I park it. Not sure if there is any correlation.

Have you contacted the dealer? Check the battery and connection? There is another where someone reported their MY14 dying as we'll-I suggest searching for it as I don't remember. But it being a new vehicle and under warranty, I would contact the dealer.

SnoFire 04-21-2013 05:27 PM

Check the grounding wire...I believe Milous or Scott has stated where it is.

nathanskal 04-21-2013 06:04 PM

But if its grounding wire wouldn't it happen every time? And why is it only after sitting for 2 or 3 days? And my remote starter works? Dealer looked at me and laughed. No loaner car so this is goons be a real PIA to figure out.

2012 Summit 04-21-2013 06:20 PM

Re: 2014 jgc wont start after sitting all weekend

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanskal (Post 808697)
But if its grounding wire wouldn't it happen every time? And why is it only after sitting for 2 or 3 days? And my remote starter works? Dealer looked at me and laughed. No loaner car so this is goons be a real PIA to figure out.

You're right. It doesn't sound like a ground or battery connection.

What exactly happens when you push the dash mounted start button? Does the starter crank the engine or nothing happens at all?

Is it possible the brake pedal is firm after sitting for a couple days and you are not pressing hard enough on it while pressing the start button?

AbleRiot 04-21-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 808688)
Check the grounding wire...I believe Milous or Scott has stated where it is.

I think Milous said there was a TSB for it

nathanskal 04-21-2013 07:27 PM

The dash turns on, but the engine won't make a sound.

How do I look up tsb's?

Thanks for the info, this could save me a lot of time and rental dollars. It's amazing, the dealers know squat compared to what I know from being on this message board.

SnoFire 04-21-2013 07:29 PM

I wonder if it is the electric brake switch that is bad? I know Hyundai cars have had the problem and my wife's had the issue. Sometimes it would works and stops not.

nathanskal 04-21-2013 07:39 PM

Also something to note the garage that I park in is heated and kept at 65 degrees.... I'll push hard on the break tomorrow if it happens.

I'm soooo ready for this to happen tomorrow. You Watch. It will start right up. Ha.

Temerarius 04-21-2013 08:06 PM

Have a smartphone in the same pocket as your key fob by chance?

TitanFlyer 04-22-2013 06:40 AM

Did you try sending the UConnect signal to start the engine from a smartphone? That should bypass any problem with the pedal.

bill_de 04-22-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 809001)
Did you try sending the UConnect signal to start the engine from a smartphone? That should bypass any problem with the pedal.

Original post states remote start works. I think he means with the fob. If so, that works faster than smart phone.

I wonder, doubt, I would have even thought about trying the remote start. I'll remember it now, so Thanks Nat

--