Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   North Jersey Stolen jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/north-jersey-stolen-jeep-58800.html)

1rawZ06 04-21-2013 05:51 PM

North Jersey Stolen jeep

Everybody be aware!! do not valet your vehicles anywhere in central or north jersey!!!!!! My brand new 2013 Overland was stolen friday night from a restuaraunt valet right off rt.17 in east rutherford!!!! just rolled 1000 miles

They are hitting all the valet's in the area, even mid day in broad day light! They also got a truck from a car wash!!!

They hit the board where they leave all the keys stole everyones keys and got away with my truck and a 2012 infiniti g37. Just passing this along as i do not want to see this happen to anyone else! they have tons of my personal information my valentine one radar, bank deposit and withdrawel slips etc etc. Thankfully nothing with my new adress on it since i have just moved and hadn't changed anything over yet.

john150 04-21-2013 06:04 PM

Re: North Jersey Stolen jeep

Do you have home programmed in your NAV?

1rawZ06 04-21-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john150 (Post 808696)

I Don't thankfully, i have not even used the nav yet

Matterhorn 04-21-2013 07:28 PM

What resteraunt?

I never thought of the down side of having home programmed into my Nav

TitanFlyer 04-21-2013 07:40 PM

Out of curiosity, did you have the UConnect theft call made? I wondered if the "pro's" would be able to disable the gps right way so it becomes useless. If they didn't, just wondering if you could have tracked it with UConnect.

PS - Sorry this happened to you.

CityCrawler 04-21-2013 07:54 PM

What restaurant? I cant think of any with valet except maybe Villagio? Sorry to hear this happened.

gobowsgo 04-21-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john150 (Post 808696)

Not sure that really matters if you carry your registration in the vehicle.

Specx 04-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobowsgo (Post 808848)

That or leave any mail in the car. Thing I wouldn't understand is why someone would be crazy enough to steal your car, then show up to your house and try to rob you a second time. Not to say it wouldn't happen, but now you're taking a bigger risk at getting caught by going to that persons house with them probably on high alert.

AbleRiot 04-22-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobowsgo (Post 808848)

THIS is the reason why my wife and I carry all our documents on us at all times. If anyone has to borrow any of our cars, we just hand it to them.

headrushNJ 04-22-2013 11:24 AM

Thanks OP. I live nearby and will be on high alert.

Dabitz 04-22-2013 03:41 PM

That's really good to know, thanks for sharing that info.

joeyd5oh 04-22-2013 06:14 PM

Thats why I always program the Home feature on the GPS for a business nearby in my area. Happened to a friend, someone stole his car and the thief went directly to my friends house and robbed him blind, knowing he would not be home for hours with having to deal with the police. horrible scenario lose your car then get your house burglarized. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.