Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

North Jersey Stolen jeep

4K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  ChrisOC 
#1 ·
Everybody be aware!! do not valet your vehicles anywhere in central or north jersey!!!!!! My brand new 2013 Overland was stolen friday night from a restuaraunt valet right off rt.17 in east rutherford!!!! just rolled 1000 miles

They are hitting all the valet's in the area, even mid day in broad day light! They also got a truck from a car wash!!!

They hit the board where they leave all the keys stole everyones keys and got away with my truck and a 2012 infiniti g37. Just passing this along as i do not want to see this happen to anyone else! they have tons of my personal information my valentine one radar, bank deposit and withdrawel slips etc etc. Thankfully nothing with my new adress on it since i have just moved and hadn't changed anything over yet.

#2 ·
Do you have home programmed in your NAV?

#5 ·
Out of curiosity, did you have the UConnect theft call made? I wondered if the "pro's" would be able to disable the gps right way so it becomes useless. If they didn't, just wondering if you could have tracked it with UConnect.

PS - Sorry this happened to you.

#13 ·
Funny you say that.. Mine got stolen from Vesta on friday night. the saturday the week before 2 cars got stolen from Villagio MID DAY!!!!! ON a saturday. They are hitting every where, Nutley,Belleville, hasbouck hieghts, ramsey, mahwah you name it. cars have been stolen from car washes one in ramsey and one at magic touch in HH.. Do not valet anywhere in this area. I have a few boys who are cops and they said it is outragous right now.

I am just thankful that i decided to not take my Z06 friday night due to rain in the forecast.

#12 ·
Thats why I always program the Home feature on the GPS for a business nearby in my area. Happened to a friend, someone stole his car and the thief went directly to my friends house and robbed him blind, knowing he would not be home for hours with having to deal with the police. horrible scenario lose your car then get your house burglarized. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

#16 ·
Do these places require that you use valet parking?

#20 ·
I live in North Jersey and i was down in East Rutherford a couple weeks ago. makes me rethink everything now ive got a Laredo E but i leave my garmin in there and my paperwork looks like i gotta change some habits. I hope you got wk2 back with no damage.

#21 ·
The only habit I'd change would be using valet parking, or frequenting businesses that require it.

#22 ·
I would never not go to a restuaraunt bc they make you valet, that would be silly! What i would do is park on a side street, Or park my own car and take the keys. Then throw the valet a few bucks to let them know i appreciate it.

#23 · (Edited)
I'm curious about all these cars being stolen and whether they are showing up. I wonder if this is something Homeland Security is getting involved in.
These cars have to be somewhere.

I would still use valet parking at a good restaurant. Of course since moving from NY to Delaware, that decision doesn't come up much any more. My MDX had the option in the nav to search for only Zagat rated establishments. There are none in Delaware. :rolleyes:

---

#24 ·
Nothing new Bill these cars get stolen all to easy with a key( the valet guys are all in on it, they get an order and when a specific car comes in they make a call) within hours they are in a container at some port going over seas where the msrp is doubled. I still remember back in the days when every one though On star was the savior of stolen vehicles but a small piece of tin foil on the on star antenna totally rendered it useless lol. That is no longer an issue with On star BTW.

#25 ·
Nothing new Bill these cars get stolen all to easy with a key( the valet guys are all in on it, they get an order and when a specific car comes in they make a call) within hours they are in a container at some port going over seas where the msrp is doubled. I still remember back in the days when every one though On star was the savior of stolen vehicles but a small piece of tin foil on the on star antenna totally rendered it useless lol. That is no longer an issue with On star BTW.
Does On* have its own battery yet. One problem in the past was that disconnecting the battery killed all On* function.

#27 ·
Sorry to hear, I was in Rutherford on Saturday eating at Paisano.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.