Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Side Mirrors auto unfold when start up (only sometimes) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/side-mirrors-auto-unfold-when-start-up-only-sometimes-58821.html)

speed_racer 04-21-2013 10:51 PM

Side Mirrors auto unfold when start up (only sometimes)

Hi Guys,

so I fold my mirrors in on my Wk2 when i park it. Sometimes when i start it back up again they will fold out automatically, while other times it will wait till i hit around 20kmh before they fold out automatically.

It seems like a sequence of how i turn the car off or something.. I spoke to the dealer and they said when they fold out on start up its some sort of fault which is causing that.

has anyone else noticed this? is there a way to make then fold out automatically everytime when you turn the car on?

Cheers,

Sege 04-22-2013 01:37 AM

Re: Side Mirrors auto unfold when start up (only sometimes)

Mine does the same randomly I suspect its a Jeep thing!

speed_racer 04-22-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sege (Post 808949)
Mine does the same randomly I suspect its a Jeep thing!

Lol, I've never had a car that just randomly wants to do something, especially a new car.. hehe

Sege 04-22-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_racer (Post 808953)
Lol, I've never had a car that just randomly wants to do something, especially a new car.. hehe

I call it character! And now its not only a Jeep thing but a Fiat thing too!!!! Who would possibly want to drive a ToyNissan!:thumbsup:

LeCheese 04-22-2013 03:18 AM

If you fold the mirrors when the car is already turned off they will come back on at 20km/h. However if you fold the mirrors THEN turn the car off they come back on when you start it.

ENFORCER 04-22-2013 03:26 AM

that sounds possible, mine seem to be random, but then I never pay attention if the motor is on or off. I will try it nextime.

yoda42 04-22-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeCheese (Post 808962)
If you fold the mirrors when the car is already turned off they will come back on at 20km/h. However if you fold the mirrors THEN turn the car off they come back on when you start it.

I've tried all sorts of shut down procedures with folding the mirrors, and with ours there is no pattern it is totally random

COLCRD 04-22-2013 04:55 AM

I have found it to be random too. It is part of the Jeep's endearing quirky character, ;)

Walnuts 06-11-2013 07:26 AM

Mine is the same, totally random

bill_de 06-11-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeCheese (Post 808962)

That is a dumb set up. If you fold your mirrors to get into your garage and then shut the car off, they will unfold before you back out of the garage. I'd wind up replacing a lot of mirrors. :mad:

Bluesurf 12-29-2013 02:32 PM

Does anyone know regarding the 2014 G.C.Summit if there is a way for the mirrors to automatically fold when in park? I forget to push that button on the door. I know on Lexus its a setting.
Thanks for any info.

DCRSRT 12-30-2013 05:11 AM

No auto fold option.