Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 AC not working with Remote Start (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-ac-not-working-with-remote-start-58830.html)

tipman71 04-22-2013 12:52 AM

2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
Hi, I have seen couple of posts with issues with AC not working with the remote start, but I could not see any solutions yet. has anybody has this issue fixed? Im having the same problem on my 2014 summit. Thank you.

garymb5150 04-22-2013 06:50 PM

Same here...if I just get in an start the car ... It remembers setting ... Which I usually just leave on auto....with remote start... I get in and the auto is off .... Kind I defeats the purpose of remote start...I am seeing dealer on Wednesday ...I'll post whatever tale they spin.

tipman71 04-24-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garymb5150 (Post 809459)
Same here...if I just get in an start the car ... It remembers setting ... Which I usually just leave on auto....with remote start... I get in and the auto is off .... Kind I defeats the purpose of remote start...I am seeing dealer on Wednesday ...I'll post whatever tale they spin.

Please do thank you. This is driving me nuts

garymb5150 04-24-2013 08:29 PM

Unable to get to dealer today....gonna go on Saturday....Do others on here have the problem or is it working for them

JerseyT 04-24-2013 08:34 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
I'm having the same issue with my '14 Summit. Please post what you find out from dealer. Thx.

Beski 04-24-2013 09:05 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
Should also work the same way if you leave the Defrost on so have the Dealer check that along with the A/C and Auto settings.

nikon858 04-25-2013 05:07 PM

I noticed on mine if I remote start the ac compressor does kick in but the fan inside the car barely blows or doesn't blow at all. As soon as I get in the car. It starts blowing on auto setting, even before I hit the start button. Figured that was just the way it worked. Do others cars work differently?

bill_de 04-25-2013 05:26 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tipman71 (Post 808944)
Hi, I have seen couple of posts with issues with AC not working with the remote start, but I could not see any solutions yet. has anybody has this issue fixed? Im having the same problem on my 2014 summit. Thank you.

Don't you think if somebody had a solution they would have posted it in the existing thread(s)? :rolleyes:




.

glock17 04-25-2013 05:38 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
My AC has that stinch of wetness when it comes on with my 14 Summit, trying to find the cabin filter or drain plug to find out what's going on.

bill_de 04-25-2013 05:43 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glock17 (Post 811576)
My AC has that stinch of wetness when it comes on with my 14 Summit, trying to find the cabin filter or drain plug to find out what's going on.

In the mean time spray some Lysol in the air intake with the A/C on high and recirculate. A Ford dealer did that for me once on a new Explorer. Cleaned the stench right up and it never came back.

Roki303 04-25-2013 06:20 PM

Re: 2014 AC not working with Remote Start
 
Hehehe ... just came home. Same observations. Used remote start and got into car ... guess what? Auto is disabled. Had to push Auto get the AC to move the air. Sux ... I hope this is just a bug but I'm subscribing to this thread, maybe somebody will find solution.

garymb5150 04-25-2013 07:05 PM

Yeah... I'm definitely going when they open on Saturday morning....driving me nuts....would really suck if this was middle of winter.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community