Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 jgc park sense issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-jgc-park-sense-issues-58877.html)

tigerlilly 04-22-2013 09:20 PM

2014 jgc park sense issues

I picked up my jgc limited 7 days ago. It has spent three of those 7 days in my dealers service dept. The park sense goes off while I'm driving down the highway. First time back they plugged the car in... Didn't get an error code so they punted. I didn't even make it 250 ft down the road till it started again. Call back service and have insisted they don't phone it in again, the must drive it. Have had it two days now and still no idea how to fix it. I'm about as annoyed as I ever hope to be with my purchase...

Has anyone else had this issue? How did they resolve?

tigerlilly 04-23-2013 08:50 PM

Dealer called. Module is broken. May not be able to fix till late July. I've only had car 8 days. Well the dealer has had it for three of those days.

Ugh.

bill_de 04-23-2013 08:57 PM

Re: 2014 jgc park sense issues

Hopefully you haven't lost the ability to shut it off through the screen options or the dash button.

With mirrors and a rear view camera it is the least needed option in the Jeep.

SnoFire 04-23-2013 08:58 PM

I can't believe that they can't fix before then. I would be going higher in the chain for this. Get the part from a different vehicle.

tigerlilly 04-24-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 810372)
Hopefully you haven't lost the ability to shut it off through the screen options or the dash button.

With mirrors and a rear view camera it is the least needed option in the Jeep.

I couldn't agree more. It's not that I even care that it works. It beeps constantly. Park sense on.... Park sense off. And the dash screen appears to be having a fit as well. Spastically flashing each time it dings.

TitanFlyer 04-24-2013 06:32 AM

I had a module that was fried when I bought my 14 as well, but it didn't cause any issues like that annoying dinging while driving. Mine was simply that the Eco button wouldn't engage and the button couldn't turn it off. They looked into it and some module wasn't working and sending the signal to the main computer (or something to that effect). Said they didn't even know when they would be able to order the part so they took one out of a new 14 off the lot and replaced it to get me on my way...I was seriously impressed.

Sorry for your troubles. I would push on them to do what they did for me or get a lawyer to write a letter saying how dangerous it is to have the parking sensor going off in traffic. Might motivate them.

tigerlilly 04-24-2013 03:10 PM

Dealer just called. Will be taking a sensor off another vehicle and have it back to me tomorrow.

Yeah!

AbleRiot 04-24-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlilly (Post 810844)
Dealer just called. Will be taking a sensor off another vehicle and have it back to me tomorrow.

Yeah!

:thumbsup: That's great - common sense at work

bill_de 04-24-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlilly (Post 810844)

Yeah!

You've got a good dealer.

tigerlilly 04-26-2013 11:46 PM

It's still not fixed..... Ugh:(