Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Quality Control? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quality-control-58970.html)

jeep2011 04-24-2013 09:21 PM

Quality Control?

How come there are no video's of the GC quality control? Since I have experienced issues as well as many others, I am interested to see what is actually checked.

I found this Audi one which shows the lengths every manufacture should go when in QC.

Bostondan77 04-24-2013 10:12 PM

Re: Quality Control?

Had a bunch of problems with quality control and tn I decided I had enough. Earlier I posted and kept posting and kept posting on there Facebook page and they private messaged me. Gave them all my info and they said they will be contacting me so we will see how it's goes

amc2002 04-24-2013 10:30 PM

Saab Factory Malmö - YouTube

One of my favorite auto production videos. It is said Saab lost $18K on every Classic 900 it manufactured at this plant until it GM bought the company and quickly shut this place down.

amc2002 04-24-2013 11:04 PM

"They hardly ever break down..."

Old Top Gear Jeep Cherokee - YouTube

jordanwallace 04-24-2013 11:21 PM

It does not really seem like Chrysler is real big on quality control. Between the cars I've owned from Chrysler, a 2011 Charger R/T, 2012 Durango, and my 2012 Grand Cherokee, the Durango being the most "flawless" and the Charger being the worst offender, it seems like they just push the vehicles out the door and expect dealers to correct the flaws. The Charger went into the dealer after I bought it new for something like 11 fixes due to QC issues!!! It's funny that the Durango had the least amount of QC issues because it ended up being a lemon and bought back by Chrysler! My Jeep has had a couple issues, but nothing really serious. Before these vehicles I owned two Audi's and both were miles ahead in the QC department. Really hope Chrysler improves its QC.

bill_de 04-25-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 811074)
How come there are no video's of the GC quality control?

When they find it, I'm sure they'll make a video. :lol:

Andoskyy 04-25-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 811074)
How come there are no video's of the GC quality control? Since I have experienced issues as well as many others, I am interested to see what is actually checked.

I found this Audi one which shows the lengths every manufacture should go when in QC.

The only problem I see with this specific example is that Audi goes through these lengths, spends all this money, and their reliability is nothing to be proud of.

I'd put Chrysler and Audi on the same page...yet Chrysler doesn't waste as much money and makes a cheaper car.

They could do less QC but source better parts. If they had 5 sunroof vendors to choose from and the picked #3 because it was the right price....but sunroof #5 would probably never rattle....but your GC would cost $65k

Bostondan77 04-25-2013 09:27 AM

In my opinion that is a crock... My gf has a Kia optima and not one single problem,my buddy has a Acura not one problem,dad has a ford explorer 12 not one problem, me and my cousin same jeeps similar problems... Forum threads with the same problems. Chrysler needs to get there stuff together... It blows my mind ... Idn about them but I don't have time to bring my truck in every weekend for quality control issues. I'm a college student who works hard for there money... I made contact and I'm going to drop off my car if they can't fix it they can keep it.

amc2002 04-25-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 811273)
The only problem I see with this specific example is that Audi goes through these lengths, spends all this money, and their reliability is nothing to be proud of.

Ha. That was my first thought. Audi has been getting better, but its reputation precedes it. Really, buy any VW product and you're taking your chances. Things got so bad here that they had to create a whole division in Chattanooga to address some of the more important issues coming up with the new US Passat and (and Jetta, which I believe is still assembled in Mexico). It was a good thing -- supposedly this division was given a lot of leeway in solving issues for American customers. Don't know how it's working in practice.

Quote:

I'd put Chrysler and Audi on the same page...yet Chrysler doesn't waste as much money and makes a cheaper car.

They could do less QC but source better parts. If they had 5 sunroof vendors to choose from and the picked #3 because it was the right price....but sunroof #5 would probably never rattle....but your GC would cost $65k
I wonder how the sourcing works -- do they just put all the parameters they need in a part and then source to lowest bidder?

I'm not sure if it's parts or QC, but I have now had three cars purchased new that were actually manufactured in Japan (not just Japanese brands manufactured here) -- a 2003 Subaru Forester, a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 and a 2011 Acura TSX Sportwagon -- all built at plants in Japan. Not one of these cars had a single quality control issue during the entire time I had them. Not one of them needed anything other than "wear" parts (brakes, shocks, etc.). The Subaru I had for the longest time. We gave it to my stepson after high school and he just sold it with 165K miles on it.

I got used to having cars with zero issues that never had to go back to the dealer for anything. :rolleyes: