Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   How to adjust headlights?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/how-to-adjust-headlights-58996.html)

houtex 04-25-2013 11:55 AM

How to adjust headlights??

I noticed 2 things last night, I got flashed high beams at me for like the 5th time since driving and the left headlight appears higher than the right.

How do I adjust their projecting levels?

Scottina06 04-25-2013 03:14 PM

Re: How to adjust headlights??

there white plastic adjust screws on the top of the lamps. Theres actually a hole in the radiator cowl...over top of the low beam to put a phillips screwdriver through to adjust up or down.

houtex 04-25-2013 06:59 PM

Not finding it. You got a pic or illustration?

DISCLAIMER: I'm good with only 2 tools, My Glock and a credit card.

houtex 04-27-2013 05:18 PM

anyone?

Scottina06 04-27-2013 07:49 PM

Im at work...ill get ya a quick pic tomorrow

houtex 04-29-2013 02:07 PM

Stopped in at the dealership today because I was near. Service guy said that the headlight adjustments are computer controlled.

I did not have the time to leave my truck so I will wait till next week to get this resolved.

wvjeepman 09-02-2013 07:18 PM

I also am having the problem of people flashing their bright lights at me. The dealer also told me it was computer controlled and no adjustment. I cannot seem to find the screws that are supposed to adjust them.

wvjeepman 09-02-2013 07:19 PM

Did you ever get this problem on your jeep resolved?

Scottina06 09-02-2013 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go

Attachment 28510

saltriverfolk 09-02-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvjeepman (Post 886576)
I also am having the problem of people flashing their bright lights at me. The dealer also told me it was computer controlled and no adjustment. I cannot seem to find the screws that are supposed to adjust them.

See the headlight aiming instructions on danielsternlighting.com. I had the same issue and dropped mine down about 2 inches at 25 feet. I think they came out of the factory out of range on my October 2013 WK2. Others say the Zenons dull a little after a couple of months as they break in. Anyway, it is very dangerous so see your dealer service department if you need help.

DirtyCityJeep 09-05-2013 03:43 PM

I get flashed at, not the good kind, all the time. It's nice when I want someone to get out of my way on the hwy because it shines directly into their mirrors but it sucks when people flash you going the other way. When I took it to the dealership they told me it was the right height. I waited a few weeks and did it again but asked them to lower them because people were flashing me. They told me it was the right height but this time he told me that people just aren't used to the HID lights and that they wouldn't adjust them. I'm going to adjust them myself, awesome info here. Thanks!

saltriverfolk 09-05-2013 05:16 PM

I asked a local dealer to rotate my tires with an oil change recently and they did not. So be skeptical when it is warranted. My lights have been perfect since the adjustment. Maybe they were set at the factory and the quadra lift position was not accounted for who knows?