Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 Grand Cherokee Sunroof Calibration (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-grand-cherokee-sunroof-calibration-59011.html)

virainm 04-25-2013 04:07 PM

2014 Grand Cherokee Sunroof Calibration

Got delivery of my 2014 Grand Cherokee last week. Right off the bat I had problems with the sunroof, it wouldn't open or close. Took it to the dealer yesterday and got it fixed. I picked it up this morning and they said the power was pinched. So straight from the dealer I went to work. On the highway I noticed that the sunroof has a small gap when it closes. When its in the vent position it doesn't go all the way up and when it closes it doesn't align properly with the rest of the sunroof. The sunroof is a little bit towards the interior of the car so thats where the noise is coming from. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any way to calibrate the sunroof. Its a brand new car and I've been running back and forth to the dealer.

virainm 04-25-2013 04:07 PM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Sunroof Calibration

its the panoramic roof***

jacko15 04-25-2013 06:44 PM

The dealer's service dept. should be able to align the pano roof properly. If they can't, you should see another dealer, or call Chrysler and ask them what your next step is. It's not really something you should try to do yourself.

Milous 04-27-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virainm (Post 811507)
I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any way to calibrate the sunroof. Its a brand new car and I've been running back and forth to the dealer.

DUAL PANE SUNROOF INITILIZATION

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Depress and hold the VENT push button of the sunroof switch until the sliding glass panel has moved to the fully vented position.
3. Be certain that the sunshade has opened to at least beyond the back of the sliding glass panel opening before finishing the sunroof motor and module initialization.
4. Depress the VENT push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully vented position.
5. Depress the CLOSE push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel past the fully closed position, then reverse direction back to fully closed to set the sunroof seal.
6. Depress the OPEN push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully opened position.
7. Depress the CLOSE push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully closed position.
8. Repeat Steps 4 through 7 for at least 5 complete sliding glass panel cycles (VENT, CLOSE, OPEN, CLOSE).

jacko15 04-27-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 812521)
DUAL PANE SUNROOF INITILIZATION

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Depress and hold the VENT push button of the sunroof switch until the sliding glass panel has moved to the fully vented position.
3. Be certain that the sunshade has opened to at least beyond the back of the sliding glass panel opening before finishing the sunroof motor and module initialization.
4. Depress the VENT push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully vented position.
5. Depress the CLOSE push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel past the fully closed position, then reverse direction back to fully closed to set the sunroof seal.
6. Depress the OPEN push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully opened position.
7. Depress the CLOSE push button of the sunroof switch and release. The sliding glass panel should travel to the fully closed position.
8. Repeat Steps 4 through 7 for at least 5 complete sliding glass panel cycles (VENT, CLOSE, OPEN, CLOSE).

Milous, is this something that should have already been done at JNAP or the dealer before delivery?

Milous 04-27-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 812598)
Milous, is this something that should have already been done at JNAP or the dealer before delivery?

Yes, at the plant. As with power windows, settings may not "hold" and re-calibration is needed.

BobsWK2 04-27-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 812706)
Yes, at the plant. As with power windows, settings may not "hold" and re-calibration is needed.

Interesting. By chance is there one for the liftgate since mine requires 2 double clicks instead of the normal 1 double click from the keyfob to open.

exlr8 10-01-2013 11:34 PM

Is this calibration method the same for the MY13 single pane sunroof?

Edit:

I just tried the above and the rear of the glass is still sitting 5-10mm below the roofline.

Any ideas?

mswlogo 10-02-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 812832)
Interesting. By chance is there one for the liftgate since mine requires 2 double clicks instead of the normal 1 double click from the keyfob to open.

Have you tried two single clicks.

It's not a mouse.

BobsWK2 10-02-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 902839)
Have you tried two single clicks.

It's not a mouse.

Yes I did. My previous 2012 Overland always worked properly, no matter the click rate. Chrysler just emailed me that they don't have a clue how to repair the problem. They advise leaving the vehicle with the dealer. Yea right, so they can pull the vehicle apart doing exploratory surgery? That would only lead to more problems.

booboo 10-04-2013 06:20 PM

Thanks BobsWK2 - I have noticed same thing with mine - remote key opening of tailgate never works at first attempt. Thought at first it was me or not being close enough to car but even if right alongside same thing. Now just use manual method.