Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 SD/USB area is HUGE...room for CD player too? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-sd-usb-area-is-huge-room-for-cd-player-too-59023.html)

doulos4JC 04-25-2013 07:25 PM

2014 SD/USB area is HUGE...room for CD player too?

Why in the world wouldn't jeep put the optional CD/DVD player in this giant cave? It's huge!

Roki303 04-25-2013 07:50 PM

Re: 2014 SD/USB area is HUGE...room for CD player too?

I know ... it swallows your hand up to your elbow ... well almost. It is quite big, where you realize that there is this extra shelf in there above SD/USB slot.

On the other hand I didn't needed CD player so I actually like the fact that they didn't use the space. I have usable space. Otherwise they would probably put some dummy face plate if you didn't order CD player.

gcbimmer 04-26-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 811678)
I know ... it swallows your hand up to your elbow ... well almost. It is quite big, where you realize that there is this extra shelf in there above SD/USB slot.

On the other hand I didn't needed CD player so I actually like the fact that they didn't use the space. I have usable space. Otherwise they would probably put some dummy face plate if you didn't order CD player.

Any way you can post a photo of this space? I just ordered my 2104 limited without the CD player for two reasons, First is that I don't need one and second I wanted the space in the center armrest/console for storage. Is there another storage space above the SD/USB area. If so , do you think this will be blocked off with a faceplate if you deleted the CD player from order?

SnoFire 04-26-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcbimmer (Post 812025)
Any way you can post a photo of this space? I just ordered my 2104 limited without the CD player for two reasons, First is that I don't need one and second I wanted the space in the center armrest/console for storage. Is there another storage space above the SD/USB area. If so , do you think this will be blocked off with a faceplate if you deleted the CD player from order?

No there is not another storage space above the USB/sd card area. There is actually quite a bit of room in the center console with no CD player.

doulos4JC 04-26-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcbimmer (Post 812025)

Yes there is a lot of room above and in front of the USB/SD area.

drongbar 04-26-2013 09:21 AM

Yea, i noticed that right on top of where you can plug in aux/usb/sd theres a good amount of room

gcbimmer 04-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 812031)
No there is not another storage space above the USB/sd card area. There is actually quite a bit of room in the center console with no CD player.

It seems we have conflicting information here. SnoFire reports "No there is not another storage space above the USB/sd card area" & doulos4JC reports "Yes there is a lot of room above and in front of the USB/SD area". Is this a secret compartment or something? I did not notice it when I was test driving.

SnoFire 04-26-2013 09:38 AM

Once I get it back shortly. I will take a picture of the area for you.

myoung84 04-26-2013 09:42 AM

I would have preferred that the SD/USB/AUX stuff be put in the center console and the CD player in the lower dash cubby....

I make it work though. The center console with CD player still holds my Taurus .45. :D

f1anatic 04-26-2013 10:59 AM

I noticed that it was quite recessed compared to the impression you get from pictures but I did not see any space above it.

SNO and I have a Limited trim with LUX pkgs. Maybe that space is actually being used by other equipment. I will check later myself. Nice to know of a potentially hidden "cave".

SnoFire 04-26-2013 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There actually is a little shelf above the USB area the goes back some. You would have to reall rip stuff apart to put a CD player in there.

doulos4JC 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drongbar (Post 812044)
Yea, i noticed that right on top of where you can plug in aux/usb/sd theres a good amount of room

^^^^^^gcbimmer what he said, lots of room up there!