Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Car made it to the dealership (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/car-made-it-to-the-dealership-59045.html)

Jakkall 04-26-2013 09:09 AM

Car made it to the dealership

I ordered my 2014 overland on 3/28 and it's already at the dealership since yesterday . Wasnt expecting to be that fast of a process !
Now they only need to install the rock rails, iluminated door guards for front doors and regular on the back .
I went yesterday to take a peek :) Gorgeous car :thumbsup:( chery red and black) although a bit dusty..dealer didnt detailed her at that moment .

Im not sure if i should get the crysler lifetime warranty now or should i wait a bit.... Anybody knows how that price is calculated? I tried the online calculator on Chrysler extended warranty, Factory backed extended warranties for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles and the price was the same for 10 miles 1000 miles 10k miles so i guess they price only increases by time right? Quote was around 2600k.
I was really expecting for this to take around 6 weeks..lol so im kinda short on $ now :)

SnoFire 04-26-2013 09:14 AM

When I got mine yesterday, they tried to sell me on the 7yr/70000 mile warranty for $2350. Ya, I don't think so. They said that they were giving me a $500 credit, which is BS. I would say to go online and see what a lifetime warranty would cost you, probably less then what they offered you now.

padgett 04-26-2013 09:36 AM

Re: Car made it to the dealership

Price deltas are usually over/under 12 months/12000 mile, 2wd or 4wd, and gas or diesel.

Of course that is also dependant on the value of the dollar.

Should get the Maxcare Lifetime warrenty for about that. I paid considerably less for a Lifetime Added Care+ because that fit my needs better.

Jim_in_PA 04-26-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 812038)
When I got mine yesterday, they tried to sell me on the 7yr/70000 mile warranty for $2350. Ya, I don't think so. They said that they were giving me a $500 credit, which is BS. I would say to go online and see what a lifetime warranty would cost you, probably less then what they offered you now.

Sno, you can buy the Lifetime MaxCare extended service contract for less than that from an online Chrysler dealer! Mine cost $2180 in January from Zeigler.

SnoFire 04-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 812063)

Sno, you can buy the Lifetime MaxCare extended service contract for less than that from an online Chrysler dealer! Mine cost $2180 in January from Zeigler.

Oh I know. I was just stating what the dealer tried to sell me on.

Jakkall 04-26-2013 10:09 AM

2180 seems really nice for a lifetime waranty .

eibyer 04-26-2013 11:29 AM

You can get it a little bit lower than that if you don't mind paying for it outside of your car payment.