Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Rock auto customer service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/rock-auto-customer-service-59046.html)

anyoldiron 04-26-2013 09:22 AM

Rock auto customer service

1 Attachment(s)
lm interested to hear about your experiences with Rock auto when they have sent you the wrong/missmatched parts only.

This is not a general survey, this is only regarding how they handled the problem when sending you the wrong bits.

For example, i ordered a bunch off parts from them including front and rear sway bar end links. The rear end links i ordered and paid for where moog problem solvers, the ones i got where a miss-matched pair, basically one was right and the other was a poor cheapo relation, smaller bushes, thinner rod material etc etc. l got loads off speil about dont worry it will work fine, nothing to do with us, moog production line evolution. not our fault, beyond our control etc etc and only got taken seriously when i filed a paypal claim. Now they want me to close the claim before sending me the correct part. Given there performance so far i have not faith that they will do the right thing and am reluctant to close the only way i have of getting them to do the right thing. providing the matched pair that i paid for, not a cheap subsidy.

5 emails later im done, i must admit im a bit disappointed, i was expecting better from them. After doing some online searches and reading there yelp reviews , (i should have read these first, i know) i realize this has happened before to others. Never again, for me more trouble than its worth

So, how did they deal with you when putting right there mistakes??

Cheers

robpp 04-26-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Rock auto customer service

i bought an a/c compressor from them.

worked all morning on getting things apart, had a scheduled fedex delivery later that day. Compressor shows up is wrong part. They took it back no problem. of course they held my money until it was returned. I ended up at NAPA that day buying the correct one. I have done about 20 purchases both before and after without issue.

GL

hummer recovery team 04-26-2013 05:03 PM

I ordered sway bar end links last week and received the wrong kind they were mismatched also and I called em up and I had a new one 2 days later, they even let me keep the mismatched one, they were really nice to work with, you'll be fine!

GL

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-26-2013 06:36 PM

I have received the wrong part from them 3 of the 4 times I ordered from them. I stopped using them after that

ALPINEST4RS 04-29-2013 03:11 PM

Everything I've ordered from them has been great.

Strongjeff 03-21-2014 09:15 AM

I never had a issue with them and I made plenty of orders from them

NHWK05 03-23-2014 02:36 PM

Never had an issue, i love rock auto!

beow 03-24-2014 11:00 PM

Ive ordered a good 30 times, use them for everything. Never a problem

Srt8_hmi 03-25-2014 04:31 AM

I've always been impressed. Think of how many parts they drop ship. Something is bound to get messed up!

PhilB 04-12-2014 03:53 PM

Manly only ordered trim/molding parts in past but never had an issue.