Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Picked up new 14 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/picked-up-new-14-overland-59090.html)

magiaone 04-27-2013 06:33 AM

Picked up new 14 Overland

Well, pulled the trigger yesterday, traded in the 2010 Ram and gave they guy a check.

Told them - Dont wash it, I ll do it, dont PDI it, I ll do it, plus i was in a hurry to get home for the eldests play at the school.

Got home, Loving the car - two things i noticed - hole in the leather on the drivers side! and 2 scratches on the hood....:mad:

Now, I know the dealer well, talked to them and they will take care of it, but damn, brand new and back to the dealer already................

Less haste, more time.............

magiaone 04-27-2013 06:35 AM

Re: Picked up new 14 Overland

oh and its Max Steel Blue with the indigo brown, which is an awesome combo. Already got the uConnect set up and paired with my BB and iphone.

Also got the slush mats as part of the deal..........$44K + Tax.

bill_de 04-27-2013 06:37 AM

Congratulations.

It's a shame that even when they leave the factory in good shape, they have damage by the time they reach the customer.

But the important question, how was the play?

magiaone 04-27-2013 06:06 PM

My girl did awesome!
Thanks for asking!

Washed and detailed it after i went to the dealer this am with the wife and a coffee - i amvery impressed with the steel blue, and now it was actually sunny, i had better chance to look at the indigo and brown combo......
Service manager took pics, said the scratch will buff out and he will order the seat cover today once he gets the ok. Wont be a problem tho - he said it happens more than you would think, having worked in management in a plant for 3.5 yrs- i told him thats minor compared to what I have seen!

JWS360 04-27-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magiaone (Post 812523)
Well, pulled the trigger yesterday, traded in the 2010 Ram and gave they guy a check.

Told them - Dont wash it, I ll do it, dont PDI it, I ll do it, plus i was in a hurry to get home for the eldests play at the school.

Got home, Loving the car - two things i noticed - hole in the leather on the drivers side! and 2 scratches on the hood....:mad:

Now, I know the dealer well, talked to them and they will take care of it, but damn, brand new and back to the dealer already................

Less haste, more time.............

You're lucky they didn't deny it and blame you, claiming it wasn't that way when it left, especially since you refused a PDI. Perhaps getting it after the play would have been better.