Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Summit with Saddle interior (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-summit-with-saddle-interior-59137.html)

TedD 04-28-2013 08:19 AM

2014 Summit with Saddle interior

I test drove the 14 with the Hemi and loved it but am waiting on the diesel. My question is while I like both the black or brown interiors, I prefer something lighter in color than the brown with the Black exterior much like was available in the 13 model year. Any other interior choices for the Summit in the pipeline?

Jim_in_PA 04-28-2013 08:22 AM

Re: 2014 Summit with Saddle interior

Milos just indicated in another thread that there has been no indication about any potential future interior options at the present time.

For the record, I'm also a lighter interior guy and as I've mentioned before, if I were buying a MY14, I'd have a real conundrum...preferring the Summit, but potentially pushed into an Overland just to get a palatable interior color.

OverlandSum 05-01-2013 02:09 PM

I miss my 2011 Summit in Brilliant Black with Saddle Brown I have to be honest. Love my 2014 Black with Black but that combo was special.

tomk 05-01-2013 06:07 PM

I'm going to be ordering an Overland rather than a Summit for just this reason. I do not like dark interiors (my 07 is khaki/greystone) .. I do wish New Saddle was still available, that might be a contender.

Specx 05-01-2013 06:41 PM

Saddle would have been awesome in the 14's, but they didn't carry it over and instead put it in the 14 Compass. That was my complaint initially as well since it took me forever to convince my wife and once she agreed, I had the rug pulled from underneath me with Jeep no longer having it as an option.

SalT 05-04-2013 05:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedD (Post 813084)
I test drove the 14 with the Hemi and loved it but am waiting on the diesel. My question is while I like both the black or brown interiors, I prefer something lighter in color than the brown with the Black exterior much like was available in the 13 model year. Any other interior choices for the Summit in the pipeline?

I went with the saddle black in my red GC Overland. Pics attached.

cnynctry 05-04-2013 09:46 AM

We so wanted the saddle and black and were very disappointed in it not being available in the 2014. Some designer needs to be fired. We had to settle for the black in the overland. The new 8 speed transmission and other upgrades in the 14 outweighed the interior color.

pharmade 01-04-2014 08:11 PM

I am just now coming back to the forums. I had a 2011 4x4 Hemi White GC Overland with the saddle interior. It looked good for about 3 months and then the saddle color started coming off on the driver's side seat. Maybe they corrected this problem.Traded the Jeep after a year for a car that got better gas mileage (job change-2 hr drive/day). Moved 3 minutes from new job. Now I want my Jeep back, this time a Summit. Just trying to decide 6 or 8 cylinder. Don't want diesel

scittb 01-04-2014 08:22 PM

ive got the 11 summit since new. Had a slight discoloration on driver out edge of seat from wear but thats been it. 3yrs this april 38k miles and interior still looks new! Love my interior and is the only reason I have not upgraded. I couldnt imagine switching from saddle to dark brown. For once I appreciate the old vs new!

silvermax04 01-04-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmade (Post 954669)
I am just now coming back to the forums. I had a 2011 4x4 Hemi White GC Overland with the saddle interior. It looked good for about 3 months and then the saddle color started coming off on the driver's side seat. Maybe they corrected this problem.Traded the Jeep after a year for a car that got better gas mileage (job change-2 hr drive/day). Moved 3 minutes from new job. Now I want my Jeep back, this time a Summit. Just trying to decide 6 or 8 cylinder. Don't want diesel

Go for the V8, highway mileage will be similar, city mileage you will get benefit from the V6. I can get 25mpg on highway just cruising at 65 mph with V8 better than I thought it would be. If you are mostly city driving you may be better with the 6 if you are concerned about mileage

Dan JGC 01-04-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlandSum (Post 815328)
I miss my 2011 Summit in Brilliant Black with Saddle Brown I have to be honest. Love my 2014 Black with Black but that combo was special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scittb (Post 954676)
ive got the 11 summit since new. Had a slight discoloration on driver out edge of seat from wear but thats been it. 3yrs this april 38k miles and interior still looks new! Love my interior and is the only reason I have not upgraded. I couldnt imagine switching from saddle to dark brown. For once I appreciate the old vs new!

Yep - I still love my Brilliant Black 2011 Summit with full Saddle interior. I still get comments on it. Great great great combo! Hard to give it up for an all black interior so keeping it for now!

Scottina06 01-05-2014 01:08 AM

All of you saddle lovers could step up to the SRT and get the sepia interior......just a thought