Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HELP jeep wont start (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/help-jeep-wont-start-5918.html)

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-26-2010 05:28 PM

HELP jeep wont start

i turn my key and it just goes ch ch ch ch ch the secod time i tried it all of these error messages started flashing on the EVIC. transmission over temp, service 4wd system, check guages, service elec brake system. anyone know what is going on? i just had 3 services done this week on it, i had them starscan it to remove the hesitation btw 38 and 45mph and remove the errorous service 4wd message. i also had the filters replaced in the transmission according to the TSB. i have driven it for a week since this has happened and nothing else was wrong. thanks for any help you can give.

robpp 01-26-2010 05:29 PM

Re: HELP jeep wont start

battery dead or dying.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-26-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 139015)
battery dead or dying.

eventhough all of my electronics work? my headlights, navigation and radio? i hope it is something as simple as that. i do still have the factory battery in a 2006

SRTILL8 01-26-2010 05:39 PM

do u have a spare (sitting around battery?) you can eliminate the battery idea by just hooking it up real quick. i also believe it could be the battery, if not, itll reset anyways after you disconnect it and reconnect it.
gl

edit- itll reset but no guarantee it will stay off ( the icons) if it doesnt stay off then we know its not the battery. or u can test the battery u have in it to see if its creating enough juice.

robpp 01-26-2010 05:41 PM

my money is on the battery.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-26-2010 05:43 PM

thanks guys, i have the battery disconnected now, im going to reconnect it in a few minutes to see if that works. i might go buy a new battery anyway since this one is pretty old. i just hope i dont have to take it to the dealer again.

Chris 01-26-2010 05:45 PM

Battery is my bet too.. Mine did the same shit last year. Dealer replaced the battery free though.. saves you from buying one out of pocket unless you go with an optima or some other bad ass battery :)

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-26-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 139022)
Battery is my bet too.. Mine did the same shit last year. Dealer replaced the battery free though.. saves you from buying one out of pocket unless you go with an optima or some other bad ass battery :)

i am out of warranty (i only have the powertrain warranty for 9k more miles) so i gotta go get one lol

ducks unlimited 01-26-2010 06:01 PM

alternator?....just a guess :)

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-26-2010 06:02 PM

you guys are great, i just reconnected the battery and left the interior light on for a min to test it and it died off and the headlights look like candles. im off the sams club to get a battery. i just didnt want it to be the solenoid.

jeepski09 01-26-2010 06:10 PM

nice man this place is awesome you ask a question and your Jeep is back on the road in no time..

555ctsv 01-26-2010 06:24 PM

Couldn't a bad altenator cause the battery to not fully charge? Hopefully it's just he battery but if it happens again in a few days you may need the altenator as well