Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Window Tinting in the NY and NJ area (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/window-tinting-in-the-ny-and-nj-area-59211.html)

robbie_c 04-29-2013 12:54 PM

Window Tinting in the NY and NJ area

I am looking to tint the 2 front windows of my 2014 GC. I called two places one in Staten Island and 1 in Union, NJ. The one in Staten Island wants to charge 60$ and the one in Union 100$. What you guys think of the prices? I question the quality of the one in SI because I get mixed reviews.

Anyone from the area know any other place that is reasonable?

Bostondan77 04-29-2013 12:59 PM

Re: Window Tinting in the NY and NJ area

You need to go with the quality of tint if its a good deal doesn't mean it's good tint. You need to find a place tht gives a life time warranty to not purple. Also some tint is harder to to see out of than others, I used a place in amytiville called clear view (think that's how you spell it)...it's a bit of a hike but well worth it I have done all my cars and trucks there and no complaints. Hope is helps

rustypixel 04-29-2013 05:50 PM

Make sure you get authentic 3M film. Some places advertise 3M but it isn't. I went to Auto Image in Central NJ to get my tinting done and they did a great job and they left the 3M logo on the tint so I could see I got what I paid for. Before leaving I asked them to remove the logo for me. I did it about a year ago and I think I paid a little more for the 3M so I want to say it was around 120 + tax.

Good luck.

robbie_c 04-29-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustypixel (Post 814137)
Make sure you get authentic 3M film. Some places advertise 3M but it isn't. I went to Auto Image in Central NJ to get my tinting done and they did a great job and they left the 3M logo on the tint so I could see I got what I paid for. Before leaving I asked them to remove the logo for me. I did it about a year ago and I think I paid a little more for the 3M so I want to say it was around 120 + tax.

Good luck.

Was its 120$ for the 2 front windows or all around?

rustypixel 04-29-2013 10:29 PM

Just the two front at 20%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie_c (Post 814253)
Was its 120$ for the 2 front windows or all around?

VPExhaust 04-30-2013 06:36 AM

I am in Westchester, paid $100 for Huper Optic on only the two fronts last April. I believe it was either 18 or 20% black.

MoparKing 05-01-2013 02:13 AM

Theres Tintmax in queens that uses 3m and cost about $90 for both front windows, theres also The Tint Shop in Great Neck that also does quality work.

robbie_c 05-01-2013 06:03 AM

Think I am going to go with tropic tinting in Union,NJ. was recommended from a buddy of mine and also spoke to Alex the owner. Seems like a great place.

AbleRiot 05-01-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie_c (Post 815096)
Think I am going to go with tropic tinting in Union,NJ. was recommended from a buddy of mine and also spoke to Alex the owner. Seems like a great place.

How much are they quoting you for the 3M for the fronts? Or you doing all around? Either way, let us(me) know how it goes.

robbie_c 05-01-2013 06:15 AM

I am doing just the fronts and they quoted me 100. I have to double check if it is 3m that they r using. I am assuming so cause people have given me stellar reviews about them. I will check and let everyone know. I am going in about 1-2 weeks to get it done. They were booked completely this weekend

Xclusv Autosports 05-02-2013 04:16 PM

I have never had any issues using lumar or johnson films. I mean everyone has a preference but I have Lumar on my GC and it matches really well.

jorsr 05-02-2013 05:21 PM

I used the tint shop to put the vinyl on the chrome around the widows ,he did a great job