Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   swaybar link replacement bushings (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/swaybar-link-replacement-bushings-59217.html)

paroxysym 04-29-2013 02:31 PM

swaybar link replacement bushings

is there such a thing as replacement bushings for the stock links or do you have to buy the whole link?

dmsfun 05-03-2013 10:53 AM

Re: swaybar link replacement bushings

You need to get new end links, and also get new sway bar to frame bushings for both front and rear. Rockauto sells them at a good price; just don't get the cheepo Deeza ones with plastic ball joints. If you are looking to upgrade to BWoody HD endlinks, I have a set FS with low miles, chrome finish. send PM if interested.

paroxysym 05-04-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 816500)
You need to get new end links, and also get new sway bar to frame bushings for both front and rear. Rockauto sells them at a good price; just don't get the cheepo Deeza ones with plastic ball joints. If you are looking to upgrade to BWoody HD endlinks, I have a set FS with low miles, chrome finish. send PM if interested.

actually taking off my bwoody links for a stockers- want the stock length ones back, mine were made for 2" of lift so theyre 2" longer than an OEM link

dmsfun 05-08-2013 06:49 AM

My Bwoody's are OEM length if interested. Removed them and went to stock since I go off road, where the OEM's are much smoother.

Boomer914 05-12-2013 08:31 AM

How aggressive are the end links and sway bar upgrades for a 3.7 as a work truck in the city? Too much? I want better cornering.

paroxysym 05-13-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer914 (Post 821730)
How aggressive are the end links and sway bar upgrades for a 3.7 as a work truck in the city? Too much? I want better cornering.

i dont see how they would be aggressive... any upgrade in the swaybars and links on a WK is an improvement

Boomer914 05-13-2013 04:37 PM

I dunno I thought I seen somewhere that upgrades like sway bar stuff make the ride stiff or "aggressive". Correct me if I'm wrong.

paroxysym 05-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer914 (Post 822408)
I dunno I thought I seen somewhere that upgrades like sway bar stuff make the ride stiff or "aggressive". Correct me if I'm wrong.

if by stiff you mean in the corners then yes- the addition of swaybars and upgraded links do reduce bodyroll, not the ride plushness

dmsfun 05-25-2013 08:59 AM

Adding Bwoody's and SRT8 bars makes the ride rougher. There is no free lunch with handling mods on the WK, as anything you do to make it corner better makes it ride rougher. The SRT8 is brutally rough riding on our roads.

paroxysym 05-28-2013 06:54 AM

swapped my crown OEM style links in this weekend... hate to see the Bwoodys go since they cost a pretty penny but hey, i dont need them anymore as i slowly lower this thing

EtherealPonx 05-31-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 816959)
actually taking off my bwoody links for a stockers- want the stock length ones back, mine were made for 2" of lift so theyre 2" longer than an OEM link

Hey, I have stock links on a 2" RC lift, if your looking to sell those please let me know (assuming they are in good condition). PM me if interested.

Kevman 06-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 819406)
My Bwoody's are OEM length if interested. Removed them and went to stock since I go off road, where the OEM's are much smoother.

hi, can you pm me the price please?