Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   4.7 Headers - link provided (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/4-7-headers-link-provided-59251.html)

Timmy D 04-30-2013 01:16 AM

4.7 Headers - link provided

I noticed when going through the threads in this section of the forum that headers for the 4.7 are hard to find.

Heres a link to a company located here in Australia that stock performance headers in case anybody is interested, this will be on my list very soon along with a 3" :D

http://www.hurricaneheaders.com.au/h...4=88&lvl5=888#

JeepFreak12 04-30-2013 06:25 AM

Re: 4.7 Headers - link provided

They are only for right hand drive WJ's

Timmy D 04-30-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.7beast (Post 814486)
They are only for right hand drive WJ's

of course........well thats unfortunate...

Surely there wouldnt be too much in it to modify them to fit LHD

JeepFreak12 04-30-2013 06:49 AM

I'm not sure, the steering shaft might be a bit tricky. I just ported out my stock manifolds and sent them off for powder coating. Cant be factory fit!

hoffmanestates 05-01-2013 06:40 PM

I pnp mine also and notice maybe a decibel more on stock exhaust

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Timmy D 05-01-2013 08:19 PM

sounds like its hardly worth the money and effort for such a small gain

Trav1s 05-12-2013 07:57 AM

In over ten years of reading about the 4.7 I have repeatedly read that headers are not worth the effort/expense on the 4.7. The factory cast manifolds are an efficient design that are HARD to beat. My personal choice would be a custom y-pipe, high flow cat, and 3" exhaust.

The biggest gains in a standard 4.7 are as follows:
- HO cams
- HO intake or later design
- Single 3" exhaust
- A good tune

Why reinvent the wheel with headers other than to say you have headers? If you are going for max power then I would suggest getting another set of manifolds and polishing/smoothing the ports.

Timmy D 05-12-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav1s (Post 821721)
In over ten years of reading about the 4.7 I have repeatedly read that headers are not worth the effort/expense on the 4.7. The factory cast manifolds are an efficient design that are HARD to beat. My personal choice would be a custom y-pipe, high flow cat, and 3" exhaust.

The biggest gains in a standard 4.7 are as follows:
- HO cams
- HO intake or later design
- Single 3" exhaust
- A good tune

Why reinvent the wheel with headers other than to say you have headers? If you are going for max power then I would suggest getting another set of manifolds and polishing/smoothing the ports.

Such a hostile response...
I own an overland so half the stuff on that list I already have so I'm not left with many other options.

As for a tune how do you tune a stock ECU? Here in aus there isn't as much support for these vehicles as there are in the US mate so if headers will help then ill take what I can get.

Trav1s 05-12-2013 12:05 PM

Sorry to sound hostile. That was not intended. Sorry about that. Sct or superchips would do the job. Superchips would be easiest if it would work on the Aussie spec stuff. Flynryan on the board would be a great person to contact with questions. Again. Sorry about the attitude. I did not intend that.

Timmy D 05-12-2013 06:03 PM

All good no harm done :)

Thanks for your input though

Trav1s 05-12-2013 07:36 PM

Here is Ryan's info:
Flyin' Ryan Performance - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum