Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Welp Jeeps at the dealership (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/welp-jeeps-at-the-dealership-59317.html)

ONEbadHEEPtruck 05-01-2013 12:25 PM

Welp Jeeps at the dealership

This morning my parents tried to move my truck since our deck is getting redone, and my truck wasn't starting, thinking it may be the alarm stuck in valet mode we tried that for a long time, and it wasn't the alarm we had a mechanics friend come to our house and he said the starter is shot because it hasn't been started in a month bc I am away at school and it is now at the dealership and supposedly it is covered under the warranty, I am just hoping my warranty doesn't get voided because of the alarm system.

ALPINEST4RS 05-01-2013 01:08 PM

Re: Welp Jeeps at the dealership

You should be fine. The alarm wont fry a starter.

2005JGC 05-02-2013 12:44 AM

I have never heard of a starter failing because it WASN'T used? That makes no sense!

ONEbadHEEPtruck 05-02-2013 07:03 AM

That is exactly what I was saying but supposedly there is a TSB on the starter from my truck!

Bikemobile 05-02-2013 09:51 AM

Why is it a "truck"? Its a jeep! Only in NY and NJ do you guys call jeeps suvs trucks. Lol

ALPINEST4RS 05-02-2013 10:39 AM

Station Wagon to be exact.

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-03-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPINEST4RS (Post 815860)
Station Wagon to be exact.

yep! all suvs are station wagons lol look at your title

Boomer914 05-04-2013 08:35 AM

Dont the jeeps have a truck like chassis? A truck you beat up, a jeep gets cared for lol

Bikemobile 05-04-2013 10:42 AM

Unibody like a car. No truck chassis. Im not trying to make fun of anybody here just poking fun. On all the jeep forums it seems that guys from ny and nj call jeeps "trucks". I think its funny.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 05-04-2013 03:54 PM

I used jeep and truck! And I never knew you beat up a truck and care for a jeep, wouldn't you just care for both?

Walt 05-04-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 815267)
This morning my parents tried to move my truck since our deck is getting redone, and my truck wasn't starting, thinking it may be the alarm stuck in valet mode we tried that for a long time, and it wasn't the alarm we had a mechanics friend come to our house and he said the starter is shot because it hasn't been started in a month bc I am away at school and it is now at the dealership and supposedly it is covered under the warranty, I am just hoping my warranty doesn't get voided because of the alarm system.

The starter on my '08 is controlled through the PCM. If battery voltage drops below a pre-programmed value (~10.8V IIRC), it will not start.

Recommend you pull the IOD fuse out when away at school. Upon return, re-insert IOD fuse and puthe Jeep on a 3-stage battery charger overnight. Also, recommend you verify that all of your battery connections (positive, negative, ground, and starter solenoid) are corrosion-free and tight.

This applies whether it is a Jeep, car, SUV, or truck.....................:rolleyes: