Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430 no audio (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430-no-audio-59342.html)

dmak170 05-01-2013 07:53 PM

430 no audio

Just recently my 430 (no nav) quit outputting audio. All other functions seem to be working fine. I am able to switch back forth from Cd to aux in, to fm radio to sirius, but with absolutely no audio output. Even when I press the voice command button, on screen it is acknolwdged, but no audible instructions are given.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks

1stJeepGC 05-02-2013 06:32 AM

Re: 430 no audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmak170 (Post 815546)
Just recently my 430 (no nav) quit outputting audio. All other functions seem to be working fine. I am able to switch back forth from Cd to aux in, to fm radio to sirius, but with absolutely no audio output. Even when I press the voice command button, on screen it is acknolwdged, but no audible instructions are given.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks

Greetings and welcome,

Never had the problem. However, to help you with the problem, can you give us more detail on which system do you have. Is it the wonderful Alpine factory Premium or the standard stock 6 speaker system.

In any event, since is in warranty with Jeep and you made no modifications at all, bring back to the service center and let them deal with it.

As always, any further questions, this is the place for them.

Best for now.:)

dmak170 06-18-2013 03:45 PM

They'll just tell me they can't replicate the problem and send me on my way, thats why I never brought it in.

I havn't have it happen when listening to FM radio yet. I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the Hard Drive in the system.

1stJeepGC 06-19-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmak170 (Post 844109)
They'll just tell me they can't replicate the problem and send me on my way, thats why I never brought it in.

I havn't have it happen when listening to FM radio yet. I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the Hard Drive in the system.

Greetings,

Did they ask you to demonstrate on what you did and tried it themselves in front of you before they sent you on your way? It could be they have to re-flash the computer.

You can try another dealer service center and call up Jeep for assistance. I always get followup calls or email surveys when ever I bring it in to find out my customer satisfaction was up to snuff. Never let them boss you around. I finally established my self with an excellent service department and as result, I am getting better pricing from them on my regular maintenance or non-warrenty items.

Best for now.:)