Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   REC NAV Unit Changes modes when Jeep is turned off. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/rec-nav-unit-changes-modes-when-jeep-is-turned-off-5936.html)

jeepin4ever 01-27-2010 09:32 AM

REC NAV Unit Changes modes when Jeep is turned off.

I just had a new starter motor put in my Jeep after it failed at 60,000 miles :(. When they went to replace it they cleaned up corroded ground wires. When I got the car back I noticed the my head unit will change modes when I shut the car down and then start it back up, usually it only changes from Satellite mode to FM mode. It is pretty random. The dealer gave me a bullshit answer that because the car's battery was disconnected it messed with the computer and I would most likely have to replace the entire radio. Any help with this? I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.

White WK Swagga 01-27-2010 10:19 AM

Re: REC NAV Unit Changes modes when Jeep is turned off.

Do you have memory seats? Maybe it's going to the first or second memory seat and settings by default.

jeepin4ever 01-27-2010 10:27 AM

I have memory seats, but if i turn the car off then immediately turn it back on it should still be on the same memory setting...it's baffling me and slightly annoying.

White WK Swagga 01-27-2010 10:32 AM

Well if your key is programed to the mempry setting than is your settings are programed to memory #2 and it's on SAT, and you're using key #1 programed to CD it's going to go to memory setting #1 which is CD. Did that make sense? LOL

jeepin4ever 01-27-2010 11:34 AM

I'll try resetting the keys and memory (i've set it a couple times since it started acting up) but i have a sneaking suspicion it's not the memory system

Scottina06 01-27-2010 11:41 AM

start simple and just reset the system. Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and push the brake pedal a couple times in 15 seconds.

jeepgcoman 01-27-2010 12:23 PM

I haven't (yet) had the pleasure of this "glitch" on my WK, but I've had it on my LX (Hemi Magnum) since new. Over the years I've just gotten used to it. Makes me wonder if it's fairly common to all DCX vehicles. Anyone else have this???

White WK Swagga 01-27-2010 12:27 PM

You know what. Now that I think of it mine jumps too. But I think it's because I'll have it on iPod mode than I shut the jeep off and it goes back to FM. but in some cases I think when I leave it on SAT and I go to get in the jeep again it's on FM.

Rich 01-27-2010 02:01 PM

This happens to me as well. It started once I added SAT & iPod. Isn't this the reason we can't save SAT presets, Due to the mulitplex splitter thingy? The REC sees sat/ipod as aux and can't tell them apart? Do you have iPod too?

Me too on the starter @ 58,000

saleen032 01-27-2010 02:03 PM

Mine does it only if I am using the Uconnect bluetooth and shut the car off before the call ends..When I turn the truck back on it will be on FM, when I know it was on SAT before...

jeepin4ever 01-27-2010 02:30 PM

Mine does it when using the Uconnect as well and I shut the car off before the call ends. it just started doing this recently and I never heard of this issue till now. Apparently it's quite common. I'm very particular about my jeep running the way it should. I'm going to try and reset the system as suggested earlier. Does anyone have a solution?

jeepin4ever 02-04-2010 09:54 AM

Just to keep everyone updated, my the head unit seems to have corrected itself. I haven't had any incidents lately of it changing modes. Weird.