Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Alpine INE-W927HD Hissing Noise (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/alpine-ine-w927hd-hissing-noise-59362.html)

capric621 05-02-2013 07:41 AM

Alpine INE-W927HD Hissing Noise

I have just recently switched from the Kenwood DNX890HD to Alpine INE-W927HD. I am being driven nuts by a hissing noise. It is a constant white noise that is happening no matter what I'm doing, sound muted, sound on 0, music paused, music on.

I have contacted Crutchfield and they have no solutions. I hard wired the stereo ground to the chasis, no luck. I tried rewiring it to car ground with multiple harnesses. I went back and hooked up factory stereo, no white noise. I hooked up my Kenwood no white noise happening. Put Alpine back in and White noise is back. It doesn't get louder when I turn up the volume or drive, just a constant volume.

Any other suggestions? The only thing I can think of trying a ground loop isolator, but I'm not sure if that will fix anything.

RageOfFury 05-02-2013 08:15 AM

Re: Alpine INE-W927HD Hissing Noise

Could be a bad headunit. My INE-S920HD doesn't have any hiss/white noise. I suggest doing an RMA on it through Crutchfield.

capric621 05-02-2013 08:31 AM

Did you notice if you had to do any sort of different connections to the RPC harness? The only thing different I noticed was that the orange/white was for reverse camera on the alpine and I had to hook that up to the green reverse out from the harness.

Crutchfield is starting to give me a hard time since this is my 3rd stereo. But I am with you thinking that this is an issue with the unit. Just going to try everything I can before I send it back a 3rd time.

leks66 05-02-2013 10:25 AM

Do you have An aftermarket amp?

capric621 05-02-2013 10:46 AM

No factory amp

leks66 05-02-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capric621 (Post 815867)
No factory amp

Strange that only the alpine unit would do that. Try moving the ground, or grounding the Headunit chassis. I have the same deck and no issues with hiss unless I turn my amp gains all the way up. But I am running an aftermarket amp

capric621 05-02-2013 12:59 PM

Yeah I am going to try a another unit. They can't come up with a reason on why it's happening. Here is a video of the noise. Have to listen close over the camera feedback but you can hear it coming on and off. Even more so at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ouz-ZiUF0

terminalv 06-03-2013 12:39 PM

I have been experiencing the exact same issue. I had Crutchfield send me a second INE927 and it had the same white noise hiss. To troubleshoot I even connected the stereo outside of the vehicle using a speaker and car battery and it had the same white noise hiss. I have since added an amplifier and it still has the exact same hiss. If I connect an external device directly to the amp no noise. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks,

capric621 06-03-2013 12:43 PM

Yes I found an answer. Return the Alpine and don't look back haha. I finally ended up getting a Pioneer AVIC-150BH, I got it off Amazon and saved almost $300 from the Crutchfield price. It has no hissing issues, no freezing issues and has more features than the kenwood and alpine had. Not only does it have the nav, pandora, sd card reader, usb and iphone but it has advanced app radio that lets you run certain iphone and Android apps.

So far I am more than happy. Sorry you have the same issue, but at least it confirms I'm not crazy like Crutchfield and Alpine kept making me feel.

terminalv 06-03-2013 02:38 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I totally agree with you that they think we are crazy. They keep telling me that high end stereo's make that sound and that it is not a defect.

capric621 06-03-2013 02:46 PM

Yeah they tried the same bs with me. I even tried to send them the video I made but they didn't want to see it. That is why I gave up. No other stereos made that sound so neither should the Alpine. Especially for $1200!

So I would give up before it drives you insane. It had me up many nights trying everything I could think of or read about. Nothing worked.