Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/bullydog-or-diablosport-for-wk2-5-7-export-59397.html)

speed_racer 05-02-2013 08:25 PM

BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

Hi All,
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the BullyDog Hemi Plus GT tuner. I have emailed diablo as well as bullydog in regards to support for the Jeep grand Cherokee WK2 2011 5.7 hemi and bullydog said they do support it. diablo said they dont. But Ive heard the DS trinity has worked with aussie / export wk2's even though they dont support it.

So has anyone compared the 2? is there anything the DS tuner does that the bullybog doesnt?

Cheers,
Speed_Racer

Brett 05-03-2013 04:32 AM

Re: BullyDog or DiabloSport for WK2 5.7 export

I'm also keen to get a tuner for my export hemi GC. Is your problem that the export model is different and not supported, or just that the 2011 model is not supported?

speed_racer 05-05-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 816346)
I'm also keen to get a tuner for my export hemi GC. Is your problem that the export model is different and not supported, or just that the 2011 model is not supported?

Yeah the problem is the export models have a different ECU (US Calibration ID) on them. So basically our VIN numbers are different which have a different tune to the states.. And Diablo said they wont support (or crack the encryption) on the export models.. to smaller market perhaps..

However I have heard of people running diablo tuners but they took the chance and it worked, knowing my luck i would take the chance and find its different.

BullyDog said they support it but not sure if BullyDog take custom tunes.

Brett 05-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_racer (Post 817259)
Yeah the problem is the export models have a different ECU (US Calibration ID) on them. So basically our VIN numbers are different which have a different tune to the states.. And Diablo said they wont support (or crack the encryption) on the export models.. to smaller market perhaps..

However I have heard of people running diablo tuners but they took the chance and it worked, knowing my luck i would take the chance and find its different.

BullyDog said they support it but not sure if BullyDog take custom tunes.

I wonder if Sean from hemi fever tuning would be able to do something with the diablo for the export model. Reading through these threads it sounds like if anyone could, it would be him. Plus I would trust him based on other member testimonials.

speed_racer 05-05-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 817496)
I wonder if Sean from hemi fever tuning would be able to do something with the diablo for the export model. Reading through these threads it sounds like if anyone could, it would be him. Plus I would trust him based on other member testimonials.

I've been in touch with him and were trying to work it out, but Diablo have said no support,
The other option is $895 for a USA Ecu

13ovsummit 05-05-2013 08:58 PM

- ^^^ - I'm not sure - but I think Sean can do tunes with SCT as well. Maybe SCT provides support for Aussie exports ... ?

Rob

speed_racer 05-05-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13ovsummit (Post 817656)
- ^^^ - I'm not sure - but I think Sean can do tunes with SCT as well. Maybe SCT provides support for Aussie exports ... ?

Rob

Yeah SCT offer tunes for AUST ford falcon's through herrod motorsport, there tuner in the states are about $300 but over here they are $1000.. (i think they may of dropped to about 800) So if they would consider selling a unit from the US at a US price then it would be worthwhile providing they support WK2 5.7's..

Brett 05-06-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_racer (Post 817498)
I've been in touch with him and were trying to work it out, but Diablo have said no support,
The other option is $895 for a USA Ecu

For what it's worth, I am willing to buy off Sean also if he can come up with something. Very keen to unleash the beast within this hemi...