Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Leaking fluid on 5 day old car (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/leaking-fluid-on-5-day-old-car-59409.html)

robbie_c 05-03-2013 06:08 AM

Leaking fluid on 5 day old car

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys.

So I just picked up my 2014 GC Laredo on Monday. On Wednesday I notice some liquid on the ground when I pulled out of a parking space. This morning when I left for work it was there as well. I noticed when the car is stopped or parked and running the steering wheel is very hard to turn. I so hear some sort of noise when turning the wheel (maybe its just the tires rubbing on the concrete). Anyway when I went to pull out of the spot the when was very very tight. Almost could not turn it at all. I am gonna call the dealership today but I figured I would post it up here to see if you guys have any ideas. Do you think the fluid leaking is power steering fluid? When I am going over I say 30mph the steering feels fine.

I will attach a picture but I don't think it will help with anything.... But everyone loves pictures

2012 Summit 05-03-2013 06:48 AM

Re: Leaking fluid on 5 day old car

Sure sounds like you are leaking power steering fluid. Check the level and add fluid if necessary. You may damage the pump if it runs dry.

Power Steering Reservoir –
3.6L Engine
use MOPAR® Hydraulic Fluid.

Power Steering Reservoir –
5.7L Engine
MOPAR® Power Steering Fluid +4 or MOPAR® ATF+4® Automatic ransmission Fluid.

robbie_c 05-03-2013 09:18 AM

I spoke to my salesperson and they want me to have it towed in so the service manager can look at it. So I live about a half mile away and will be driving it in after work tonight. I will post once I find out what it is that is going on. Hopefully its just a leaking hose or something minor.

robbie_c 05-04-2013 04:40 PM

So I brought it in for service last night. After calling service twice today I finally got an update. They said a line is bad and they need to order a new one. It should "hopefully" be here Monday. Once the line is replaced then they can see if that was what was causing the steering to be all screwed up. So at this point by the time I get the car back it will be in service more then its been in my possession. Lovely hahaha

2012 Summit 05-04-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks for the update and Good Luck with the repair.

robbie_c 05-06-2013 02:28 PM

So final report on the car is that the o-Ring that went between the pump and the steering stack got nicked during assembly and was causing a leak. They replaced the o-Ring and the car is now ready for pick up.

bertball50 05-06-2013 02:29 PM

gotta like the easy fixes

robbie_c 05-06-2013 02:34 PM

Hopefully there will be no more of that for awhile!

2012 Summit 05-06-2013 02:54 PM

Glad to hear you're back on the road.