Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Black or Chrome Window Trim Opinions? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/black-or-chrome-window-trim-opinions-59495.html)

dslide 05-05-2013 12:33 PM

Black or Chrome Window Trim Opinions?

2 Attachment(s)
I put some electrical tape over my chrome window trim to see how I'd like it black. If I decide to wrap it, I'll do the rails on top also. Can't make up my mind, so leaning toward keeping it chrome. Thoughts? Thanks.

nikon858 05-05-2013 12:37 PM

That looks great!

You gonna do the roof rails too?

SRT ROB 05-05-2013 12:40 PM

Re: Black or Chrome Window Trim Opinions?

I'm not sure, if you went black you'd probably need the wheels black to match, I think the chrome suits the silver wheels if that makes sense. It looks good either way so but my vote goes with chrome for now.

dslide 05-05-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT ROB (Post 817389)
I'm not sure, if you went black you'd probably need the wheels black to match, I think the chrome suits the silver wheels if that makes sense. It looks good either way so but my vote goes with chrome for now.

What I'm thinking. Not planning to completely murder this thing out, so not sure if black trim works with my Overland wheels. Thanks.

GBJeep 05-05-2013 01:00 PM

Looks really sharp with the window trim black, and I wouldn't change the wheels either. Not a big fan of too much black, but on your Jeep I like the slight change. Either way...nice looking Jeep!

kbre 05-05-2013 01:47 PM

I like the trim blacked out since the door handles and mirrors are painted. Leave the wheels alone, and leave the roof rails alone too. Looks nice

bill_de 05-05-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikon858 (Post 817388)
That looks great!

You gonna do the roof rails too?

Unless you think he's lying. :)

I'm old ... chrome all the way!

---

Norm340 05-05-2013 10:15 PM

Love the black trim, and leave the wheels and roof rails as is.

Carbon28 05-05-2013 11:19 PM

I'd leave the chrome. Gives it a little style and color scheme. I didn't like it at first on my wk but it's growing on me. But you pay the bills. Do you son

Specx 05-06-2013 12:44 AM

I like the black over the chrome. I'm debating this as well, I like the chrome but there is a bit too much chrome on the vehicle.

spatial_k 05-06-2013 01:04 AM

I think you've had it right all along. Keep it classy with just a bit of chrome, don't murder it out with black wheels. With that said, if I could only dechrome one thing on the WK2 it would be the window trim. Personally, I would like to see a more permanent solution to replacing the trim rather than the less permanent and more maintenance of plasti dipping or 3M tape. I was thinking about doing the tape like others in this forum have done but I don't know how long that would last.

bigpappy33 05-07-2013 11:23 AM

I'm with most here, if you are going to keep the chrome lettering and not paint the wheels i'd leave the subtle chrome pieces you have as they are. If you were going to go for more blacked out I would definitely black out the window trim then.