Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   So. I want a new bumper on my brand new '14 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/so-i-want-a-new-bumper-on-my-brand-new-14-overland-59512.html)

darkom 05-05-2013 05:53 PM

So. I want a new bumper on my brand new '14 Overland

I can not ignore the 4 holes from the dealer installed front plate. I want my bumper replaced. Will it come painted from the factory or is my baby going to be ruined with a dealer sprayed bumper? I don't think I need to clarify why I wouldn't want a dealer sprayed bumper on my brand new truck.

I don't know how to proceed.

robpp 05-05-2013 06:34 PM

Re: So. I want a new bumper on my brand new '14 Overland

they dont come painted. buy it and take it to the painter of your choice. its your money/

bill_de 05-05-2013 06:45 PM

I think someone on here mentioned that they got the dealer to swap the bumper with one from a car they hadn't drilled yet.

Ruined your car though? Very dramatic. :lol:

DAVY27 05-05-2013 07:56 PM

bumper plugs....

jeepster23 05-05-2013 08:04 PM

Dude relax! If it bothers you that much go buy a new a bumper and have it painted to match. If you don't want to pay for that then STFU and enjoy your new Jeep.

AbleRiot 05-05-2013 08:24 PM

Did you factory order AND specifically told the dealer not to? Otherwise, if your state requires front and rear palates, the dealer will install the brackets. Someone here S S SPECIFICALLY instructed the dealer not to drill holes to their factory ordered truck and got the, swapped with another sitting on the lot.

Srt8_hmi 05-05-2013 08:54 PM

He said bumper plugs lol. I think some OEM parts do in fact come painted.

Specx 05-05-2013 10:54 PM

I would ask the dealer if they are willing to swap. If you don't have many miles on it and keep it looking new, they might work with you. I agree it doesn't look as good, but not worth hating the car over it.

kennzz05 05-06-2013 03:33 AM

youre bumper can be filled and painted and look good as new. paint colors are all computer mixed these days. You are totally overreacting. If you dont like their work dont accept it till it meets youre standards. or take it a shop that does hi end vehicles. just look for one that has a clean modern looking facility, than google their name and look for bad reviews
now unbunch youre panties

Badassgrandcherokee 05-06-2013 05:29 AM

Bumper plugs work great I love mine

darkom 05-06-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 817818)
youre bumper can be filled and painted and look good as new. paint colors are all computer mixed these days. You are totally overreacting. If you dont like their work dont accept it till it meets youre standards. or take it a shop that does hi end vehicles. just look for one that has a clean modern looking facility, than google their name and look for bad reviews
now unbunch youre panties

If body shops are so good how come paint depth readers can still tell when a panel has been painted? (which most infer to be a sign of an collision)

And a repaint is always going to encounter issues. My Mom's hood was repainted on her Escalade at delivery and it faded MUCH faster than the rest of the car. PITA to deal with dealer for it

GCLimited 05-06-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkom (Post 817527)

I can not ignore the 4 holes from the dealer installed front plate ruined my front bumper. I want it replaced.

Does your State require a front license plate?