Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   quick radio swap question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quick-radio-swap-question-59548.html)

thilliard 05-06-2013 07:02 AM

quick radio swap question

Sorry if this is a repeat question, at work and my phone won't open the search bar it just kicks to the top of the page. I got a 13 Laredo, has the regular radio (130 I think its called) it has sattelite, Bluetooth and the uconnect. Guy on craigslist is selling his factory touchscreen out of his 11 gc it has sat,Bluetooth and uconnect also. He just upgraded to one with the navigation. He's got it insanely cheap. Just wanted to make sure and if someone could tell me it would work for sure. From what I've read on here I think its plug in and go, but wanted to reassure myself I guess. Thanks guys

eibyer 05-06-2013 11:27 AM

Re: quick radio swap question

Make sure it has the same mounting points as your 130. See this thread.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/will-...wk2-49074.html

thilliard 05-06-2013 12:13 PM

I called the dealer to ask about it working, said I could put it in then I'd have to take it there to get it programed and updated to work in my jeep. He thought it should have the identical brackets.

eibyer 05-06-2013 12:38 PM

No need for programming from the dealer if there's no backup camera involved. If the radio has the word 'anti-theft' on the bottom left, then make sure seller provides you with the security code.

z0lt3c 05-06-2013 02:30 PM

The '11 GC units have pretty old firmware, I would suggest getting it reflashed at some point in time but as eibyer mentions no requirement for dealer programming.

thilliard 05-06-2013 03:02 PM

Thanks guys, picking it up wednesday evening. Now if I could just find a auto climate control that's an actual AP I'd really be one happy camper.

eibyer 05-06-2013 04:56 PM

What's AP?

thilliard 05-06-2013 05:03 PM

Sorry, the part numbers last 2 letters. To add the auto and replace the ugly nobs used to be part number 55111916ap. They changed the parts internals, and changed part number to end with aq. I went through this with ordering one from Dave's because there web site listed it as a ap, got it and it was a aq. It would work, just the whole display lit up all at once. Luckily got my money back because of there site had it listed wrong.

onlyina 05-07-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thilliard (Post 818300)
Sorry, the part numbers last 2 letters. To add the auto and replace the ugly nobs used to be part number 55111916ap. They changed the parts internals, and changed part number to end with aq. I went through this with ordering one from Dave's because there web site listed it as a ap, got it and it was a aq. It would work, just the whole display lit up all at once. Luckily got my money back because of there site had it listed wrong.

Really! the new ones are no longer plug and play??

thilliard 05-07-2013 10:31 AM

I guess not since they changed the parts number. There's another thread on here that had the same issue. I searched and called a few places after ordering the one from Dave's and they had the old part number listed, but said thiers are the new aq also. Someone at justforjeeps told me to watch eBay.

onlyina 05-07-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thilliard (Post 818772)
I guess not since they changed the parts number. There's another thread on here that had the same issue. I searched and called a few places after ordering the one from Dave's and they had the old part number listed, but said thiers are the new aq also. Someone at justforjeeps told me to watch eBay.

#@#~!!

thilliard 05-08-2013 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23679

Best 50 bucks I ever spent. I almost felt bad for getting it so cheap, almost.