Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Surround Sound on 2014 Overland keeps going back to Off

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  studio1930 
#1 ·
Every time I try to turn on the surround sound option in the uConnect, after about 5 seconds, it reverts back to Off. Is this function something that should only work on a specific type of audio? I have tried it on the sattelite radio and regular FM and it always does that.

#5 ·
Yes, the "N" means NAV.

With all these horror stories I'm reading about the 8.4AN, I'm glad I got the lesser 8.4A...

...and I think I'll take that $595 Chrysler wants to activate a lesser form of NAV on my 8.4A and put it towards a high-end Garmin unit, one that has traffic and 3D...all for half that $595.

#8 ·
How do we know if we are on the newest software version? I have a few things that are glitchy as well.

#9 ·
There is a screen within the menu that should show the version, else wise of you go to the UConnect website and go to the software update page, you can enter your VIN and it will tell you if an update is available. I am not near my GC, so can't check what version I have installed.

#10 ·
Just an update. The dealership did a full reset of my uConnect and this fixed the problem. The other good thing about it is that even though they did a reset, it did not erase any of my previous settings, be it radio/navigation/climate/apps/vehicle settings.

#11 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how to reset the uConnect so that we can just do this on our own as needed? I equate this to rebooting my Windows computer. :) Hopefully it doesn't involve disconnecting the battery.

Edit: I found this but am not sure it is correct...
1- Turn on ignition w/doors closed
2- Press both buttons on mirror for 15-20 seconds
3- Shut off ignition
4- Open door for 5-10 seconds
5- Close door and restart car, Uconnect is now reset

#13 ·
Others have also said pulling the fuse for the radio can reset it to fix some issues. I think the M10 fuse is what everyone is saying to pull but I am not 100% sure.

My VR button sometimes stops working so I may have to try the fuse thing first and see if that fixes it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.