Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   now i'm seriously pissed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/now-im-seriously-pissed-5964.html)

chefalan23 01-28-2010 01:35 AM

now i'm seriously pissed

i recieved my short ram bwoody and predetor in the mail today, so i attempted to install the bwoody and it flat out DOES NOT FIT A 5.7 JEEP! the mounting bracket has literally nowhere to mount, so hopefully ill be able to return it. so i said the hell with it and tried to load the predetor tune and it tells me that it needs an update WTF!!!!!!!! i didnt get the damn pc interface kit with it either so i guess i have to buy that now too.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 01-28-2010 01:37 AM

Re: now i'm seriously pissed

that blows bro ... sorry to hear hopefully it'll work out for u

blackpepper 01-28-2010 05:09 AM

Sorry about the intake but yeah with my 07 I needed an update too .. I bought it from a diablo vendor in the area and they did it from their computer. Check diablo's website to see if there is a vendor in your area.

06HemiLtd 01-28-2010 05:24 AM

i haven't heard of anybody not needing the update. i bought my predator from a vendor and it included the pc interface kit and them installing the tune for $375. you don't have to buy the kit though. any db9 cable will work and find an ac adapter that will fit to power it. i've been running the 93 tune for about 2 months and absolutely love it.

Frankie 01-28-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06HemiLtd (Post 139866)
ou don't have to buy the kit though. any db9 cable will work and find an ac adapter that will fit to power it.

x2, I got my USB cable and power supply from Radio Shack! ;)

yousmellfunnytoo 01-28-2010 09:53 AM

Dont get belkin cables.. those are the only ones that dont work...

But any serial to usb cable works, i spent like 6 on mine..

Everyone has to update their diablos out of the box, at least from what i've been hearing

And post pictures of the short ram...? its funny that it doesnt fit, I cant imagine there being a big difference

Scottina06 01-28-2010 10:21 AM

yeah...theres probably 100's of 5.7's with Bwoodys

robpp 01-28-2010 10:40 AM

lets see some other 5.7 pics guys and help him out. unless something chnaged, that bwoody should fit.

chefalan23 01-28-2010 11:02 AM

there's a bracket on the intake that according to the directions should mount on the cylinder head, but there's literally nowhere for it to mount. when the intake is in position, the bracket just sits on top of the alternator. there are 2 bolts that are in the vecinity of the intake, and the only feesable one is behind the egr valve, but there was just no way of bolting it on and being close enough to the throttle body to connect. i seriously spent 2 hours trying to find a way to make it work, along with my dad who's a mechanic of 30 years, and the damn thing just flat out doesnt fit a 5.7

robpp 01-28-2010 11:09 AM

i dont doubt your skills bro. maybe the others didnt use that bracket. IDK . but i do know there are a ton of guys running it............

hopefully someone will see this and post a pic......

chefalan23 01-28-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 140073)
i dont doubt your skills bro. maybe the others didnt use that bracket. IDK . but i do know there are a ton of guys running it............

hopefully someone will see this and post a pic......

i'm pretty sure i'm the only one attempting to run the short ram (velocity plus) on a 5.7 jeep

robpp 01-28-2010 11:53 AM

i see.....i didnt even know they sold variations.

then we are wasting time. send it back. and post up a note in his vendor feedback about this so no one else makes the same mistake.