Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Electrical Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/electrical-help-59650.html)

chinookguy25 05-07-2013 07:02 PM

Electrical Help

Ok I am out of options at my level. I have no power to my dome lights, Overhead console (EVIC), and my rear windshield wipers. The fuse box next to the driver is not getting power on the Rear windshield wiper fuse. Is there another spot that is before that fuse box like the distribution panel under the hood? Any Ideas pleas help!!:confused:

Frango100 05-07-2013 07:19 PM

Re: Electrical Help

I will have a look in the wiring schematic when at home. Have a look first at the fuses under the hood, you never know.
Ok, just checked the wiring: fuse 8 (15A) on the Junction Block (JB) is feeding the rear wiper motor, the EVIC and the dome lights. Then there is fuse 15 (50A) in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) under the hood, which is feeding fuse 8, but also several other fuses. So if fuse 15 was the problem, you would have several other systems without power as well (but still good to check). You did change fuse 8 i presume? If there is a short in one of the systems connected to fuse 8, it will probably blow as soon as you change it. Can you confirm that the fuse is ok? There could eventually be a problem of a loose or broken wire or a bad contact in the Junction Block.
There is eventually a connector in the wire between the PDC and JB, C106. The manual doesnīt show a picture of its location, but it says that it is at the lower left instrument panel, so probably close to the JB.

chinookguy25 05-08-2013 05:09 PM

I replaced fuse 8 already and that is when I used a voltmeter to test for power which was zero. I will check fuse 15 as soon as it stops raining and let you know. I will see if I can find the connector also. More to follow thanks for the help.

chinookguy25 05-08-2013 05:24 PM

I checked fuse 15 and it is good. I switched it with another just to make sure. It is still raining so I will look for the connector tomorrow. The back hatch was caved in and recently swapped it with a new lift gate and wiper motor. I don't know if that matters.

chinookguy25 05-08-2013 05:51 PM

What does the connector in question connect to?

Frango100 05-08-2013 09:08 PM

Did your problem start just after the liftgate install?
Attached a drawing of the C106 connector, when iīm not wrong point K is the one coming from the PDC and going to the JB. If you could find the connector you could see if 12V is available there.

chinookguy25 05-09-2013 09:06 AM

The issue has been there since I purchased the jeep. I replaced the lift gate thinking that it would fix it. Did not see the attached file you attached. I thought it might be a broken wire thats why I changed the back end and everything looked good back there.

Frango100 05-09-2013 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that i forgot the attachment:o. Here it is.
Did you already measure the voltage at the fuse 15?

chinookguy25 05-09-2013 02:02 PM

I have not checked the power at 15 yet I will when I get off work. The connector picture you sent me is that the connector in the back of the JB Box? If not where is it located?

chinookguy25 05-09-2013 06:28 PM

Power at 15 is good. I am not sure where the connector in question is.

Frango100 05-09-2013 08:22 PM

The problem is that the manual shows NS (not shown) :mad:
It is at least not the connector on the back of the JB, that has an other number.
I will see if i can find it somewhere.

Frango100 05-09-2013 09:21 PM

Now looking further i donīt believe that the problem is with the wiring from the PDC to the JB, because fuse 5, 7, 9 and 10 on the JB are also fed by the same wire from the PDC, so you should have many other systems inop as well. The problem seems to be within the JB, or one of the connectors on it. Connector C4 is power coming from the PDC fuse 15. Check if you have 12V between point 1 and ground.
If ok, then at least your sure that the power wire from the PDC to the JB is ok.
Then the power to rear wiper motor goes out of connector JB C1 point 36, is power ok here? (just looking at the schematic, your liftgate power lock motor should be inop as well?)
I wanted to attach the Junction Block with the connector numbers, but for some strange reason my computer is not willing to cooperate and shows all kind of stored pictures, minus the JB. I think i have to repair my computer first:mad:. So since i can't upload the manual page, i will try to discribe both connectors. Both are on the side of the junction block where the fuses are. JB C4 is the second connector from the left on the bottom. JB C1 is the right hand large connector.