Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Rear bumper protection? And first day impressions.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/rear-bumper-protection-and-first-day-impressions-59656.html)

Icetech 05-07-2013 09:02 PM

Rear bumper protection? And first day impressions..

So i spent about 2 hours with my 2014 tongiht, just got it this morning. Couple of quick things.. For anyone that hasn't seen the dark green in person... if its not under BRIGHT light.. like noon time sun then it might as well be black. very cool color. I hate the 8speed.. it works. but i have driven sticks for 20+ years and think it would be alot more fun with a manual :) Harsh downshifts slowing for red lights. and had weird shudder on take off once, other than that its perfect.

Learning how to use the 8.4an is alot more involved than i expected, and some nice suprised.. Like using bluetooth mode basically anything i play on my phone will go through the radio like being plugged into a aux port, wasn't expecting that:) And i was beyong pissed for 2 hours thinking i didnt have steering wheel radio controls.. they hid them. very sneaky. if only there was some type of book i could have read to explain that:)

Ok for my question.. I keep my bike in the back and will be taking it in and out at least once a day.. has anyone come up with some type like apron that can be flipped out over the read bumper/facia? its only a matter of days before i slip and mess it up.. thanks

kbre 05-07-2013 09:35 PM

Re: Rear bumper protection? And first day impressions..

Get a Canvasback cargo liner. Call them directly to order, they offer an apron that covers the rear bumper but only if you call them. (It's not on the website...call them) I have one and it works great for my dogs. $20 extra for the apron, and another $20 for the side covers.
Jeep:Grand Cherokee
2011-2013

Icetech 05-07-2013 10:25 PM

that is perfect thank you

Lankness 05-08-2013 08:52 AM

The transmission will smooth out over time, don't worry. Just about everyone experiences the rough downshifting for the first couple hundred miles while it is 'learning.'

Icetech 05-08-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lankness (Post 819472)
The transmission will smooth out over time, don't worry. Just about everyone experiences the rough downshifting for the first couple hundred miles while it is 'learning.'

cool.. didnt know:) thanks..

JeepStrong 05-08-2013 09:19 AM

Good to know Lankness. I noticed it this AM too.

Icetech 05-08-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbre (Post 819219)
Get a Canvasback cargo liner. Call them directly to order, they offer an apron that covers the rear bumper but only if you call them. (It's not on the website...call them) I have one and it works great for my dogs. $20 extra for the apron, and another $20 for the side covers.
Jeep:Grand Cherokee
2011-2013

Thanks a ton for the tip.. i just ordered mine with the bumper flap... $169 shipped and honestly the guy on the phone was just awesome. One of the most enjoyable spending experiences i have had lately:) Great company to deal with

Icetech 05-22-2013 09:59 AM

Just wanted to say my canvasback rear cover came today.. and is awesome. Great people there and the best part is, i opened the package and unfolded the cover and they had hidden some biscuits in there for my dog:) Love that company..