Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/)
-   -   help!!!!!! I dont know what this is but needs fixing!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/help-i-dont-know-what-this-is-but-needs-fixing-59663.html)

SaVed4EvEr 05-07-2013 11:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2005 WK...

I've been told to be very specific in description, Sooo here it is..... Is this the brake line and brake fluid squirting out when I'm driving??? It makes a clicking noise while the Jeep is moving and stops when Jeep is stopped. Is it just loose and just needs to be tightened. I know nothing about vehicles but I will fix it myself if I get some advise.

Attachment 23645this is the root of the problem...I just don't know what to do with it

Attachment 23646this is where is spraying out to...

Pleeeeeaaaaase help me...I'm a bit on the freaked out side right now cuz I really need my Jeep to run well since she's my dd...

Thewagen 05-08-2013 06:38 AM

The best way to tell what's going on is clean it up very well with brake cleaner spray around that bolt where the line connects to the caliper. I'm pretty sure there is a copper crush ring in between the line and caliper you may get lucky and that be the only thing that is causing a leak.if you clean it off and nothing sticks out like a sore thumb at the source of the leak. (Tear in line or crack in caliper) I would start with that crush ring.

Thewagen 05-08-2013 06:40 AM

Probably one on both sides of it. Looks like one between the bolt and the brake line and one between the brake line and caliper

SaVed4EvEr 05-08-2013 01:09 PM

Otay thank you sooooo much!!! I'm gonna take a look at it a few mins and let ya know what I did. Hopefully I don't break nothing further Lol

Thewagen 05-08-2013 01:11 PM

Lol hopefully nothing is actually broken and those crush rings just need to be replaced

Thewagen 05-08-2013 01:21 PM

Lol hopefully nothing is actually broken and those crush rings just need to be replaced

SaVed4EvEr 05-08-2013 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps I found the culprit???

SaVed4EvEr 05-08-2013 02:48 PM

Now...what do i do next????? If I take the bolt out, is the brake fluid gonna gush out or will I be fine?

Thewagen 05-08-2013 02:53 PM

It will just kind of seep out. If you want you can pinch the Line off where it's rubber with line pliers/pinchers. Regardless your gonna have to bleed the brakes after wards and most likely add some brake fluid. But it's not bad to do at all. Just make sure you don't over tighten that bolt. And check for any leaks before you drive it!!!

SaVed4EvEr 05-08-2013 02:57 PM

Hey whereabouts can I get that crush ring?

Thewagen 05-08-2013 03:00 PM

Local dodge jeep dealer for sure. Maybe advanced or your local parts shop. If your taking them off you Mise well do them both

Thewagen 05-08-2013 03:00 PM

Not like both sides of the jeep but both crush rings and make sure you wipe down the surfaces to make sure there isn't any dirt or anything on it to cause it not to seal right