Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Cylinder 1 Missfire, Evap Leak. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/cylinder-1-missfire-evap-leak-59729.html)

Hellcat89 05-09-2013 05:07 AM

Cylinder 1 Missfire, Evap Leak.

Hi, just wanted to start off to say im new to the forum! and I love my jeep so far, its great, but thirsty...

Details
Year:2004
Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.7 HO V8

Now my problem
I had recently had some maintenance done to my jeep, Tune up and fuel injectors cleaned couple of weeks ago, then i started getting a check engine light.

I looked up the error codes, and it came up as a cylinder 1 miss fire and a evap leak detected, wasn't sure what to make of it until I looked under my hood for a closer inspection.

Apparently my engine air intake hose was completely disconnected on one side and the other side had a crack in it.

To be more detailed, the part number for which hose i am talking about "W0133-1840460" the side that connects to the lower right part of the engine was completely disconnected, and this was after an engine tuneup on the vehicle was done through the dealership shop.

So untill i get the new part installed, I used some extra hose line to patch it up, wasn't sure what hose to use, so i just picked up some radiator hose to patch it up.

I purchased a code reader "innova 3150b" and im still getting the cylinder 1 misfire, and the evap still blinks, as well as the o2s.

Any suggestions on how to proceed to fixing this? I do believe I was driving it while being in this condition for about a week without knowing and I did notice the engine liked to rev up alot.

Frango100 05-09-2013 06:51 AM

Re: Cylinder 1 Missfire, Evap Leak.

Welcome to the garage.
Could you tell the exact DTC´s you are getting?
When this all happened after the stealer did the maintenance, i would go back there and let them repair what they messed up.
If you decide to do it yourself, then we will be there to assist in the trouble shooting:).

Hellcat89 05-09-2013 01:08 PM

Currently its only coming up as a "Cylinder #1 misfire" P 0301 and P 0456 "Evaperative Emissions System 'small leak detected' " before I replaced some hosing.

I erased the codes after I finished the quick fix to see if it would come up again, and only the P 0301 comes up so far.
cylinder #1

Frango100 05-09-2013 08:17 PM

Can you feel the misfire (rough idle or vibration)?
Since plugs and injectors where removed, that would be the first suspects to look at. #1 plug is easy to remove, so have a look at it if there is any strange colour or maybe damage to the core. You can also swap the ignition coil from position 1 to an other and see if the fault follows. Also the cleaning of the injectors could have been done more or less (same as the final work which they did so nicely) with maybe a dirty injector or damage to the injector.
Is there no way to return to the stealer and point them on their bad workmanship, or don´t you want to bring your baby to those *$@&%$ anymore? :D

AZhiCntry 05-09-2013 08:53 PM

One major cause of PO 456 showing up is the gas cap is not sealing or not installed correctly.

Frango100 05-10-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 820533)
One major cause of PO 456 showing up is the gas cap is not sealing or not installed correctly.

Seems that the evap code disappeared after the temp repair of the hose.