Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What Gas Station do you use? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-gas-station-do-you-use-59754.html)

Jeff_H2O 05-09-2013 02:45 PM

What Gas Station do you use?

I was just curious what everyone's preference was for choice of gas/fuel station?

Around my area, the three main stations are Shell, Mobil and BP. Most people might say "Gas is Gas, doesn't matter", but to me I feel like there is a difference and some are better than others.

Maybe it's just in my head, but for some reason I feel that I get a better performance when running on Shell Gasoline vs others. Seems to run smoother and feels cleaner for the engine and lasts longer. (again maybe it's just in my head but who knows).

Not to mention, you always see those commercials where a gas company advertises their fuel is cleaner and better than others, no gunk, less buildups etc.... didn't know if there is truth to that or if just a marketing scheme.

Anyways, what does everyone else use?
Do you see or feel there is a difference and that some are better than others?
If so, what do you prefer?

Thanks!

(For you "Search Police", I did a search before posting this thread and all I found were dicussions around the different types of octanes [87,89,91etc..], but non specific to the actual brand of fuel stations used).

jrjeep 05-09-2013 02:49 PM

Re: What Gas Station do you use?

here in cali theres 76 which is also connoco philips ive been using this
same one since the first day i brought my wk home. Always heard it
was the best never tried any other and really dont want to lol

Lanrete 05-09-2013 02:50 PM

I usually end up using Kroger, since I get a discount from my grocery purchases. I'm not particularly picky where I get petrol, but, I will run out of petrol before I shop at a Citgo - I will not support the Venezuelan government. I try to avoid Exxon due to some corporate policies, but will use them if they are the closest available.

amr40509 05-09-2013 02:51 PM

Here in KY I think that the only "Top Tier" company is Shell. Which is what I use most of the time.

Check this out --- Top Tier Gasoline

jordanwallace 05-09-2013 02:54 PM

I always fill with Shell. I used to go to a Safeway fuel station, but I swear the Jeep runs smoother on Shell gas.

Dabitz 05-09-2013 02:58 PM

I'm with you on Shell. I like Exxon too.

Jeff_H2O 05-09-2013 03:06 PM

Glad to see I'm not alone on this lol. I'll be curious to see more feedback from others and generate a overall idea of what gas is the best.

Thanks, keep em coming!

Jim_in_PA 05-09-2013 03:25 PM

Most of the time...Costco and Wawa. Occasionally Shell.

GCLimited 05-09-2013 03:41 PM

Gas is gas...

:D

I buy the least expensive gas I can find...trick is to buy it at a high volume station so it's fresh. I've seen YouTube videos of different brand gas trucks filling up at the same distribution center.

Fresh gas (with no water) is the most important factor.

PB617 05-09-2013 04:18 PM

My last two cars required premium and i would always use Shell. This is a lease and doesn't require premium which is nice for a change but i still use top tier gas and avoid HESS. My friends family owns a gas station very close to me and i use them too since i know they have good gas.

ONU1974 05-09-2013 04:28 PM

In our area, you can't beat Sam's Club.

berk483 05-09-2013 04:40 PM

I got into the habit riding motorcycles to use Shell...don't know why but I just keep using it. I don't think I've put anything in besides Shell mid-grade.