Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Just ordered Addco RSB (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/just-ordered-addco-rsb-59756.html)

Evan5469 05-09-2013 03:04 PM

Just ordered Addco RSB

Well after reading so many good things about it and not feeling very confident taking a lot of highway on/off ramps at any kind of speed I went ahead and ordered the Addco sway bar. It should be here in about a week and I can't wait to put it on. :thumbsup:

hoffmanestates 05-09-2013 08:54 PM

My cousin has one in rear and bushings in front. Stays planted

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

TJXJWJ 05-09-2013 09:13 PM

Re: Just ordered Addco RSB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan5469 (Post 820353)
Well after reading so many good things about it and not feeling very confident taking a lot of highway on/off ramps at any kind of speed I went ahead and ordered the Addco sway bar. It should be here in about a week and I can't wait to put it on. :thumbsup:

You'll be VERY happy with your decision. You got the front one I assume?

dsi jeep 05-09-2013 11:14 PM

Nice upgrade, but make sure you have enough washers. I have to add more (to 4 in each side) to stop the clunking.

Evan5469 05-10-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmanestates (Post 820534)
My cousin has one in rear and bushings in front. Stays planted

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I want to hear! :thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 820546)
You'll be VERY happy with your decision. You got the front one I assume?

I only got the one for the rear. From what I've seen on the forum is that the rear gives the most benefit. Would you recommend doing the front as well?
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsi jeep (Post 820614)
Nice upgrade, but make sure you have enough washers. I have to add more (to 4 in each side) to stop the clunking.

Good to know. I appreciate the tip.

Also, I ordered from Amazon and it says that it should be here tomorrow. One, that is extremely fast shipping. And two, I can't wait to come home from work tomorrow and put it on!

TJXJWJ 05-10-2013 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Evan5469;820640]I only got the one for the rear. From what I've seen on the forum is that the rear gives the most benefit. Would you recommend doing the front as well?
QUOTE]

Actually, I can't really speak to that...I did both at the same time, so I couldn't tell you the benefit of just one over the other. I think you're right...most people suggest doing the rear if you're only doing one. I remember the stock one reminding me of a hanger...so flimsy.

Evan5469 05-11-2013 02:44 PM

I was able to get the new sway bar on this morning and took it for a test drive. I am amazed how much more solid the Jeep feels now with just this simple part. It feels more solid over bumps, stays much more flat during corners, and the rear end "wiggle" that is synonymous with Jeeps is completely gone. Install was extremely easy and straight forward and only took about 10 minutes. I'd highly recommend this part to anyone who is on the fence about considering it.

Trav1s 05-11-2013 07:09 PM

You got my attention. The rear wiggle annoys me. It was greatly reduced by Moog steering stabilizer and the Bilstein shocks last fall but it still bothers me. Thinking the bars along with some Upcountry springs will be the ticket for my WJ.

Evan5469 05-12-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav1s (Post 821527)
You got my attention. The rear wiggle annoys me. It was greatly reduced by Moog steering stabilizer and the Bilstein shocks last fall but it still bothers me. Thinking the bars along with some Upcountry springs will be the ticket for my WJ.

You'll be very pleased if you add this sway bar. The rear end wiggle really bothered me too. Anytime I went over a bump the whole Jeep felt unstable, but now it is much tighter.

sl1980able 05-20-2013 07:24 PM

Well I like going fast and through curves,so looks like I'm going to upgrade the rear sway and new order some new poly sway links. What did you end up paying for it?? I agree I hate not being able to step on it till I'm straight through the exit of the curve already. Like to get rid of the wandering and gain some more stability

Evan5469 05-21-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl1980able (Post 826292)
Well I like going fast and through curves,so looks like I'm going to upgrade the rear sway and new order some new poly sway links. What did you end up paying for it?? I agree I hate not being able to step on it till I'm straight through the exit of the curve already. Like to get rid of the wandering and gain some more stability

I bought it through Amazon and paid just shy of $140. I used their free standard shipping and had it at my door the day after I ordered it. If you hate not being able to get on the gas until you're out of a curve, then you NEED this sway bar. There are several slow, sweeping exit ramps that I take each week and it's amazing how much better my Jeep handles them now. It stays flatter through the corner and I can take them several miles per hour faster than I could with the stock sway bar. :thumbsup:

Bs99WJ 05-25-2013 07:59 PM

do you have a link? all the ones im seeing are way more then $140