Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   5.7 Hemi FRP TB results in.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/5-7-hemi-frp-tb-results-in-5982.html)

FlyinRyan 01-28-2010 06:38 PM

5.7 Hemi FRP TB results in....

I am on my way out, but yesterday I spoke to Frankie who got to inform me of his results regarding 0-60 times with his stock TB and then his FRP ported TB.

Same truck, same tires/wheels (Revo 2's), NO tune.....stock TB. 0-60 in 6.2 Seconds.

FRP TB, NO tune: 6.0 Seconds.

I believe this was from the Dashhawk. Not the most reliable source of info but it appears to be a good indicator of general performance.

GCL06 01-28-2010 06:44 PM

Re: 5.7 Hemi FRP TB results in....

I'm soooo close to having enough $ to get this done for my 3.7! The more positive results, the less patience I have

FlyinRyan 01-28-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCL06 (Post 140375)
I'm soooo close to having enough $ to get this done for my 3.7! The more positive results, the less patience I have

Fortunately it appears that we'll have sufficient cores to go around (which seems to be a common problem with the 3.7) for a while. I will keep the GB going on for another week or two most likely.

I too have a lift + bigger tires and on my 4.7 porting the TB helped it feel not so gutless on the highway.

GCL06 01-28-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 140378)
Fortunately it appears that we'll have sufficient cores to go around (which seems to be a common problem with the 3.7) for a while. I will keep the GB going on for another week or two most likely.

I too have a lift + bigger tires and on my 4.7 porting the TB helped it feel not so gutless on the highway.

The TB is (I think) the last area of air restriction I've got left now that the CAI's built and the Thrush Welded's installed. Well, I don't know anything about it but my friend suggested doing something to the headers to finish the intake/exhaust flow so if that is a realistic mod goal then the TB's the 2nd to last restriction point...

FlyinRyan 01-28-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCL06 (Post 140381)
The TB is (I think) the last area of air restriction I've got left now that the CAI's built and the Thrush Welded's installed. Well, I don't know anything about it but my friend suggested doing something to the headers to finish the intake/exhaust flow so if that is a realistic mod goal then the TB's the 2nd to last restriction point...

I am relatively sure that there are no headers available for the 3.7 WK. For Rams and Dakotas, perhaps, but they likely will not fit in the WK. The biggest likely restriction in your exhaust is likely your cats.